How can I use AutoIT to detect drive insertion when video player in fullscreen?

Oskar M September 11, 2013

I’m have a computer that loops a movie, more precisely it’s a TV with a built in computer. I don’t have any keyboard or mouse connected. I want to be able to replace the video file by just inserting a USB memory with the new file. I’ve almost gotten it to work, thanks to your article about Launching apps by USB sticks (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/autolaunch-apps-usb-stick-windows How To Auto-Launch Apps With A USB Stick [Windows] How To Auto-Launch Apps With A USB Stick [Windows] Imagine having a USB stick with all of your favorite apps on it. Maybe a collection of PC troubleshooting utilities, or maybe an assortment of spreadsheet and word processing tools. Wouldn't it be pretty sweet... Read More /). The problem is that it doesn’t seem to notice the new drive when my media player (CCCP) is in fullscreen. Nothing happens when I have inserted the USB stick until I exit fullscreen in the media player.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Try the below suggestion which might be helpful to you -

Looking into it you are using Windows XP , which still has auto play options.Check whether your USB drive when inserted shows a autorun window,it presents with various options like opening folder,play media files like that.

Select play media files and the tick the checkbox Always perform this action.