How can I upload full resolution photos to Facebook from my iPad?

Kyem Ghosh June 12, 2013

When I’m uploading any pic directly from the photo app of my iPad, the photo is not getting uploaded in its true resolution. The photos are getting compressed and I can find pixels with very little zoom. Why is this happening and how to fix this?

1. SpeelKast

Check the (iOS) settings for the camera app, because on default it only uploads full resolution images on Wifi. Just select Always and you'll be fine!

2. Phill Duplessis

While uploading your pics to Facebook, check the 'High Quality' button on the uploading page.

3. Min Shum

The Facebook Camera app will allow you to upload photos in higher resolution. Most other apps (incl. the offical facebook app) will convert the photo to low res before uploading.

So just use the Photos app and share the photo(s) to your Facebook account directly from there.

• Kyem Ghosh

I have mentioned that I have been using the photo/camera app to upload the photos.

4. Cristina Muñoz

When I upload them with my ipad they're ok. Maybe you have the problem putting the pic of the cover, there, facebook app autoadjust the pic to fit it in the place and it can look even pixelated xD

Try PhotoFresh app

• Kyem Ghosh

Sorry Susandeep, I want the default photo app to do the work as it did earlier.. I don't wanna rely on apps to upload photos. Plz find something more

Although,I don't use iPad,could you try to use indirect way of photo upload -

Upload photos to a cloud service and sync it with Facebook.

If the photos get uploaded in high quality in cloud service server,then you could be sure that Facebook is doing the compression work.

After searching,I found that people saw that pictures uploaded via Facebook app is of lower quality as compared to iPhoto.

Viewing Photos
    https://www.facebook.com/help/photos/photo-viewer
    Regular photos 720 px, 960 px, 2048 px
    Cover photos 851 px by 315 px