How can I update virus definitions of a resuce CD for an infected Windows computer with a MTS Boardband modem?

Dr Ramraj February 27, 2013

I have a problem. My laptop is infected and I have to use a rescue CD. I have downloaded one, but it has to be updated. The thing is, I don’t have a WiFi or ethernet connection. I only have a mts broadband modem. What can I do? Please help me to update definitions for my rescue CD!

1. Nevzat Akkaya

The best solution is to install an anti-virus/rescue disc to an external USB stick or USB hard drive, that way it can be updated whenever you like.

Take a look at here for a list of 26 Bootable Antivirus Rescue CDs :

2. Dave Rimmer

As it is on a CD you will not be able to update it. When you use the rescue CD it will may check to see if updates are available but with no internet once again it won't be able to update. If you have a friend make an up to date rescue CD from him.

Since its on a cd, i don't think you will be able to update it, but you can create a bootable rescue usb which would be writable for you to update. But you will need internet to download the latest virus definition. you can ask someone with internet access to do it for you.

4. Jan Fritsch

You forgot to mention the most important information which is the name of the rescue CD you are actually using.

In general for Antivirus Live CD's you should be able to skip the update and use the (dated) definitions included.

Some choices:

AVG Rescue CD
    1) Boot AVG Rescue CD
    2) Select Update
    3) Online update

1) Download virus definitions from
    You need the Iavi file
    2) select offline option to navigate AVG updates folder

• Dr Ramraj

thank you for the response brother . i will try the solution . THANKYOU once again .