How can I update apps on my original iPad if they don’t official support it?

jenice lau December 4, 2012

My original iPad is still pretty good & I want to keep it as long as possible. I have heard that if you have the original iPad then you should not or may not be able to update apps because the updates may not support iPad. Since I may want to play the same game or use an app on both devices, can I update for the Mini & not iPad1? Will iTunes know not to update for the older device?

1. Avish Kansakar

you cant run it if the game requires the latest firmware

2. Sashi Peiris

If your iPad original is not compatible it will not receive new app updates.

3. Dave Rimmer

If it doesn't support the update not much you can do, it's like trying to apply an update for windows 7 to an xp machine just won't do it.

4. Ramón García

iTunes will allow you to download the app, not sure about sync, but in any case it probably won't work

if the game update requires latest firmware version then will not work on the ipad that cannot be updated to the latest firmware. Perhaps jailbreak can help? for sure you can download via iTunes because will be on your computer, not sure if the syncing will work. You can still play the latest version of the game compatible with your ipad.