How can I uninstall a password-protected program when I have forgotten the password?

Param Bajaj December 4, 2012

Hi,

I installed a program called Folder Lock on my Windows 7 machine several months ago, it was a trial version that lasted 30 days and I forgot to uninstall the program before the trial was over. I also forgot the password I had set for the program.

Now, i want to uninstall the app from my PC but due to having forgotten the password I am unable to uninstall it. Can you advise me how to go about removing the program?

1. Mike Crabill

I would recommend downloading Iobit's Advanced System Care and use their Uninstaller. It has a mode that can force an uninstall, that might do the trick for you. When you open the Iobit Uninstaller at the top right of the window is a "More" link, click it and you will find "Forced Uninstall".

2. Ramón García

Have you found the solution yet? Any of these solutions worked for you?

3. Joel Jacob
  4. Mahesh E.T
  5. Giggity Goebbels

Use takeown -f,then change permissions,then delete it normally.or you can use fileassassin

6. Usman Mubashir

i would get a paragon boot-disk and boot from that disk, then delete all the files!!!

7. dhanunjayarao chunduri

Try to restore your system or use siw to get your forgetten password.

Hello, I am posting your to give u the following link:

http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/faq

Maybe you already read the contents shown in link, program FAQ, recommends not to uninstall program manually. Have you tried revo uninstaller and programs like that?

perhaps with linux live cd or Hirens boot cd (mini winxp), go to the application folder and delete.

10. Sashi Peiris

Right click on the program then click show package contents. After that delete the folder in there.

11. Rakesh Mishra

you can go to youtube and the videos are available to your related problem

12. shaurya gupta

i too forgot the password of protectedfolder app i got from MUO!

13. pawan shukla

start your computer in safe mode, uninstall folder lock , it won’t ask you password :) Hope this would help you :)

14. Duy Nguyen Minh

Google can help you. Find software unlock Folder Lock.

15. Serge Garcia

Sounds easy to me. First, install IOBIT advanced UNINSTALLER. Its the best in the market. After installing it, boot into SAFE MODE either by pressing F8/F10 on boot up, or going START>RUN>MSCONFIG and on the BOOT tab, select the little box with SAFE BOOT on it. Click ok, and restart it.

Once in safe mode, open up your iObit uninstaller, and instead of using normal installer, use the FORCED uninstaller, and let it literally tear it of your system. After that, let it run a scan for any remaining registry and program files on your PC, and you are good to go. Here is the download link

http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

16. prasad kondaveti

yes, log into safe mode and uninstall the app, if still it asks the password then finally use system restore option, if u did not install any apps after folder lock application.

17. Ali Ehsan

Don't worry :)
    just start your computer in safe mode, uninstall folder lock , it won't ask you password :) Hope this would help you :)

• Rohit Jhawer

this will work.

18. Adam Campbell

Apparently you can use safe boot to uninstall

19. Douglas Mutay

Got that: http://techsalsa.com/steps-to-uninstall-folder-lock-without-password/
    Some of the solutions have been found working, so give it a try and see.

If an update has come out you could try installing it over top of your version, use a known password and then uninstall. Another case where using a password manager would have saved user time and trouble.

• Alan Wade

Amen to the password manager comment Jim. The sad part is the best password managers are free!

• Giggity Goebbels

But it may not