How can I unhide folders on a portable hard disk via my LED TV?

Ar Jaiswal June 24, 2013

I have some folders hidden on my external hard disk. When I connect it with my LED TV, it won’t show those folders.

Any suggestions how to unhide all the folders on my external hard disk through TV only?

You won't be able to do this on the TV itself (unless you have some extraordinary TV of a sort I haven't come across). On a PC, you can choose the folders, right click and choose Properties and untick the "Hidden" box, or you can use the ATTRIB command from the command line (type ATTRIB /? to get a synopsis).

• Justin Pot

Sorry, this is your only solution. Guess you'll need to leave your videos of special files exposed to the broader world – name the folder something boring like DatabaseEntries, Research, or NotPron.

2. Degenerated S

TV may not have the capability to write on the HDD ..so you'll have to unhide those files from a PC.

I don't think your TV can write to you xHDD directly and so it can't change folder attributes to unhide folders.

perhaps not supported, or you shoould format the hard drive to FAT32