How can I undelete a Facebook conversation?

Evy Schaeffer March 20, 2013

I accidentally deleted a very important chat on Facebook when I was trying to edit, and your website recommended I try Stellar. However after downloading the whole thing that took me over an hour, I was unable to see any Facebook conversation from yesterday.

The program then closed and the only way to look again is to allow that program to run for an hour again. Why is this so difficult and what can I do before it’s too long and I can’t retrieve that conversation? The person posted another conversation, but that part of my reply is still not on there…

1. Samantha Vv

DELETE means delete on fb. It clearly says on the page that no messages can be recovered if deleted and asks if you would like to continue when you press delete so you must have pressed continue hence the reason your message has been deleted

Other wise check your archive to see if you have put it there.

Last method would be to ask the other person/s in the conversation if they still have your message.

moral of the story is be more careful next time.

2. Chinmay Sarupria

Similar question was asked on MakeUseOf before but the results were negative(undelete is not possible).
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/recover-delete-message-history-facebook/

3. SaapeXD MoHods

Another Method: Ask the Person you chatted if he/she got the Chat Logs! You might be able to get them! Just a Whim this is. ^_^

• Chris Marcoe

I don't know why it wouldn't work. this is the same thing i was thinking.

4. prashanth singh rathore

once deleted it cannot be regained.......!!

5. Nitesh Badala

undeletion of conversation is not possible on fb

6. Silhoutte James

you could try java script.

first, get the id of the person you were chatting with. you can get this by clicking on their profile or right clicking on their picture and selecting copy shortcut. paste this into a text doc.

now, copy and paste this in your browser address bar -
    javascript:buddyList.itemOnClick(11223…

replacing the numbers in the brackets with the number after the word id= in the shortcut you pasted in the text document.
    FOR EXAMPLE - say the id of someone was 34454545643. it would look like this:
    javascript:buddyList.itemOnClick(34454…

Now, with the resulting text, copy it paste it in the address bar and press enter.

7. Imesh Chandrasiri

if you deleted the conversation permanently there is no way of getting them back! They actually warn before doing this! if you dint get a warning, probably you have archived it! check in your archived folder! it should be there!

8. SaapeXD MoHods

Check your Archive Folder to see if the message is there! Facebook Archives the Messages!

Login to FB and go to:
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/archived

• justinpot

I had no idea this existed. Wonder if it helped...