How can I transfer text messages from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a PC?

Kaou S November 15, 2013

Hello, I have some important messages on my Android phone (Samsung galaxy s3), then you should take a backup of them in case you do something and they get erased, I want to export contacts, messages from Samsung galaxy phone to computer and print text messages, I tried many methods but failed, how can I transfer contacts, messages from Samsung galaxy to PC? And how to print sms from Samsung galaxy? Sorry for my english! Please help!

1. Pengju Y

Hello, you can try to extract the text messages from your Galaxy S3 with some Android data recovery, If you save the messages to the SD card, it is much easier, you can use this data recovery software to extract the text messages from your SD card. In addition, it can also recover lost photos, emails, call history, and so on. Concise guide is here, you can refer it.
    Step 1. Connect your SD card to your computer, run the Data recovery
    Step 2. Select your SD card to scan
    Step 3. Preview and recover the text messages and save to your computer.

2. Timothy C

Airdroid is the best, hands down. Mightytext is crap... haha

3. Priyank

I am using Mightytext this is best app. download it.

4. Darren R

Ive been using Mightytext for a good while now...

5. Bhavesh S

Try GCloud backup, it gives 8 GB cloud space free to backup all contacts, SMS, call logs and everything.G Cloud works smart enough & will backup your android data when you are only connected to WiFi, when plugged in, or have sufficient battery life & you can back up almost everything like G Cloud can back up data to cloud like your call log, contacts, messages, pictures, videos, music and documents etc.

Source :

• Robbie77

I have to agree G Cloud Backup is the best , but now with the latest update you can get up to 10 GB not 8.

6. Daniel J

Mighty Text App is the best application that one can use to send or receive SMS via PC at the cost of your Phone's Bill. It is a web application with neat interface

Website :
    App :

7. Daniel Tanner

You can use a free service called mysms and all of your texts will be on the cloud. The service has a PC application that will have all your messages on both your PC, Android and cloud. If you change PC's or phones just re-install the application and all your texts are back. Plus you can text from your PC using this application as well.

8. Jacki
  9. steve

mightytext is the answer

10. Debbie

What about the app: "mighty text"? You add it to your phone and your computer. There's a lot you can do with it. I love it because I can text easier with my computer. There probably is a way to save the messages using that.

11. John P

12. Tony B

Personally I just use Google Voice, then I can even text from a web browser if I want.

13. Junil M

If you have Kies software installed in your system for Samsung mobile then you can backup your texts.

15. Sam K

Hi, you can use Airdroid ( to view/copy all text messages. Once copied you can print.

For backing up your contacts, files, etc- you can use a loud service- example-

You get 5GB of space for free and can backup/restore contacts, photos, videos, music and text messages