How can I transfer software from my laptop to a tablet?

manuel erives February 1, 2013

I downloaded software from an SD card to a laptop that has Windows 8. Its software for Smartycam, a dashboard camera system. How can I transfer that software from the laptop to my Samsung tablet?

1. Gaurav Joshi

just transfer file usb or bluetooth

2. Alexandra Momo

You should be careful to look at what muotechguy said. He's right for the compatibility, once you know if it's compatible, then you have plenty of solutions in other comments.

3. Jagbir Sembhi

you can download the app from app store, play or any other store online on your tablet. even if you transfer your file from computer to tablet it wont work.

4. scott krupnick

Depending on the size of the file, I would agree that dropbox or google drive would be best

5. Dimal Chandrasiri

if it's compatible with the tablet. just transfer it using USB connectivity and install it in the tab!

6. brenobs

you can use bluetooth or send it vi email or dropbox

7. Jeff Fisher

One of the easiest ways is to use an app called AirDroid.

8. muotechguy

software is not interchangable between different systems. The software you downloaded is for windows; your tablet is probably not running windows.

• Manuel erives

So what can I do ?. I went to best best buy and got a new windows 8 tablet, and. The software. Wasnt able to download, ,,,,, he offered me a laptop, but I like tablets more, what would u suggest I do.

• muotechguy

Windows 8 tablet? Well, thats different.

Hwoever, is there a chance it's actually Windows RT? As in, a Surface RT? Becuase those can't run Windows software. If it's a standard Windows 8 tablet, you should be able to run anything, though something like a camera utility may depend on certain drivers and may be incompatible with windows 8. I think we need some details here as to precisely what the problem/error is and the exact model of your tablet.

• manuel erives

I have the 2.0 ,7inch samsung tablet ,running off ice scream sandwich. The downloaded software is called setup.exe, (1951kb)when I click on it on the tablet, I get (unable to find application to perform this action) if u need any other details liglet me know my friend. The product is called Smartycam 1500, I got it on amazon

• muotechguy

Oh. I thought you said you bought a Windows 8 tablet? That's an Android tablet, and like my original answer said, the two are completely incompatible. You'll need to use Google Play on your Android table to download software. The only thing you can transfer between the two is documents; music, PDF files, etc. Not software.

9. Kala Nidhi

The transfer from the laptop to tablet can be happened only through the software that is required for connecting Tablet to software.The software which is required is normally told by the shop where you got it, as they wold be informed by the tablet manufactured company about the link procedure

you can transfer through usb, bluetooth if you have any or just use the cloud storage like skydrive, dropbox or google drive

• Rubis Song

Very good advice!

11. Yiz Borol

What OS is the tablet using?
    If it's using Android you need to look in the android marketplace for an app that works with smartycam, if such a thing doesn't exist then you're out of luck.

If its a software installation file, just transfer via USB.