How can I transfer my Flickr images to Dropbox while keeping photosets?

Bill Griffin May 2, 2013

I am currently paying a subscription to both Flickr and Dropbox. Is there a way to transfer my Flickr to Dropbox, maintaining the “sets” that I have on Flickr? I don’t want to lose what I have in Flickr, but I’d really like to only pay once.

1. Nancy Messieh

Oron makes a good point. If you plan on giving up your Flickr Pro membership, you'll only be able to access your 200 most recent photos on Flickr. In that case, what you might want to do is backup your Flickr photos to Dropbox using something like PicBackMan and then you can always access those photos on Dropbox. (Unless I misunderstood the question)

• Sujit Singh

I also like picbackman, its pretty good.

Bill, this is an interesting question, but I don't understand how you intend to save money while maintaining the photo-sets in both sites. Am I missing something?

• Bill Griffin

Oron, I was not very clear. I want to drop the Flickr account, if I can get my; pictures in "good shape" in DropBox. I want to preserve the sets and other advantages of Flickr. But I have plenty of space in DropBox and hate to be paying for both.

• Bill Griffin

Now, a second comment. OpenPhoto has been suggested. Has anyone used it to transfer things from Flickr to Dropbox and thus preserved the sets, etc?

Dropbox Automator – A Great Way to Extend DropBox Functionality
    http://www.padgadget.com/2012/01/02/dropbox-automator-a-great-way-to-extend-dropbox-functionality/