How can I transfer contacts from AOL to Gmail?

susan flanagan May 30, 2013

All my contacts are in my AOL account. I want to transfer my contacts into my Gmail account. How do I do this?

Export

1 Go to the beta webmail page at AOL.
    2 Click on "Contacts." It's located on the left hand side bar.
    3 Click "Export." It's located next to the 'find contacts' search bar. Export to a CSV, "comma-separated-value" file. Export this to your Gmail account.

* Import this to your Gmail account.

• Justin Pot

This. Note that you might need to do some cleaning up – things in the wrong field and such. Still, it's better than manually transfering things.

How to Import AOL Messages and Contacts Into Gmail
    http://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/Import_AOL_Messages_and_Contacts_Into_Gmail.htm

How can I transfer my AOL address book to GMail?
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/transfer-aol-address-book-gmail/

• Mike D

Import email and contacts

Whether you're switching to Gmail from another email provider like Yahoo!, Hotmail, or AOL, or just transferring to a different Gmail account, you can import the emails and contacts from your old account into your new Gmail account.
      Import mail

To transfer the messages in your old account to Gmail, you can use the Mail Fetcher feature. Mail Fetcher creates a connection between your two accounts so that existing messages are imported and new messages sent to your old account are delivered to Gmail.

Follow these steps to import mail into Gmail.
      Additional options:

If you only want to import existing messages, you can disable Mail Fetcher after the initial import.
      If you only want to import new messages, you can use auto-forwarding instead of Mail Fetcher.

Note: To use Mail Fetcher, your other email provider must support POP3 access and you will likely need to enable it in your account. The same is true for auto-forwarding. Gmail supports both POP3 and auto-forwarding.
      Import contacts

To transfer contacts to Gmail, you will first need to export your contacts from your old account and then import the contacts file into Gmail.
      Step 1: Export contacts from your old account

Follow the instructions to export contacts from Gmail or export contacts from other email providers.
      Step 2: Import contacts into Gmail

Once you have a contacts file saved, you are ready to import contacts into Gmail

this was taken from Import email and contacts at Gmail