How can I transfer bookmarks from an Opera Link account to Google Chrome?

Saumyakanta S September 1, 2013

I have tons of bookmarks in Opera Link but recently I’ve been using Chrome for my primary work.  I have a slow connection so I don’t want to download Opera.  Is there any other way to do it?

1. David C

A superior solution, in my humble opinion is having the bookmarks in the cloud. I use Google bookmarks and access it from any web browser or computer and every thing is always synchronized. As for Opera, here's how to use Google Bookmarks almost seamlessly with Opera: http://my.opera.com/abadr/blog/2009/10/31/use-google-bookmarks-with-opera-browser#comments.

2. David C

Step 1

Open Google Chrome.
    Click on the small wrench icon> Bookmark manager
    Click on the Organize button and down in the list you will find the "Export bookmarks" option
    Open Bookmarks manager from the tools menu in the Chrome browser.
    Export the bookmarks and save the bookmarks.html file to your Desktop

Step 2

Open Opera
    Click on Menu>Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks

Click on File>Import Firefox bookmarks

Browse for the bookmarks.html file created under Google Chrome
    Click on OK
    You shall receive a message about the number of entries that have been imported.

• Saumyakanta S

thank you, But I dont have opera installed (I dont want to download as my internet is slow) , and what you are telling is just the opposite what I want to do.

if you use the above mentioned method and if the file obtained is .htm then rename it to .html

4 Great Ways To Sync Your Bookmarks & Favorites Across Computers & Phones
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-great-ways-sync-bookmarks-favorites-computers-phones/

4. dragonmouth

You can try exporting the Opera Link bookmarks to an .html file and then importing that file into Chrome.