How can I track my lost phone in India?

Sunil Tarai November 7, 2012

I lost my Xperia set 2 days ago. I have given a complaint to the police station and also the IMEI no. Is it possible to track and get my mobile though many say that it is not possible in India? And if possible, then what more I need to do?

1. raghuramreddy

have lost my cell. i m having its imei no. i have launched a FIR also. kindly guide me how can i trace who is using the cell.
    raghuram

2. Tebawiha Lelhchhun

I agreed with BHAVUT JAIN.Nothing is impossible but it might be hard.But, I can tell you one way to track your phone.

3. Bhavuk Jain

Nothing is impossible. But in India, thousands of people lost their mobiles in a day. So it would very difficult to trace down your mobile.
    Also, if you have switched on the mobile tracker on your phone then there can be some hope otherwise nothing can be done.

4. josemon maliakal

Hi..The best thing to do is file a complaint ...You have done that..now they can locate the phone if the phone is turned on..better to give complaint on Cyber cell of your state..which state you belongs to ??

5. sachin goral

I'd go with Rajaa.
    Login ur Google account, the one that's linked to ur android phone and install the Plan B app. The app will b automatically downloaded to ur phone whenever internet connection is available and u can know its coordinates.
    Do it soon. Good luck

You should have posted this question, before the phone was lost. Assuming it is Android, we could have suggested a lot of tracking mechanism and apps that if installed in the phone, you could have tracked now with the help of GPS. However, you need to have a dataplan also in place on your connection. There are lot of phone tracker solutions in place. Also check it out if of any help : http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/25666

Also Samsung has it's own tracking solution known as SAMSUNG DIVE in place. I use a Samsung Android phone and once you register your phone, it can track it via GPS navigation, if misplaced or lost. I am pretty sure, SONY must be having something similar, being a renowned company. Kindly check it, and if it is in place, you can register the model and IMEI and track it via GPS. Samsung's solution is here for it's mobiles : http://www.samsungdive.com/DiveMain.do

7. Naveen Kumar

the only way is by giving complaint to the cops that you have already done.lets hope for the best................

8. Aditya Roy

Bad luck Sunil. There is nothing you can do.
    Been there. :(

9. Muo TechGuy

It's not possible, and there is nothing more you can do except claim on insurance if you have an incident number.