How can I temporarily hide the gaps between pages in Word for Mac?

Piseth Mao January 1, 2013

I remember when using Word in Windows, we could just double click the gap between pages to hide the header and footer and see the text between pages connected. But I don’t know how to do it on Mac, please help me find this out.

1. Piseth Mao

I'd like to mark this question "resolved" because now Justin Ellenwood has also made it clear that this feature is not included in Word Mac 2011.

• Ashley

Hey guys. I use Word Mac 2011. It works for me if I change "View" to Draft. Hope this helps.

2. Macwitty

Change in View (menu) from Page layout to Normal

You mean to say page breaks,then the below link shows how to do it -

http://www.extendoffice.com/documents/word/634-word-remove-page-breaks.html

• Piseth Mao

Sorry it is not what I am asking. I ask to HIDE the gap between pages so that we can see the body texts of one page connect to that of the next page. When doing this we don't see the header/footer space. Your link just show some other things and it is not for Word Mac. Yours is for Word in Windows. Thanks anyway, for your kind assistance.

4. Justin Ellenwood

Double click on the gap

• Piseth Mao

That doesn't work. Please click this link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50194804/gap.png to see the screenshot of my problem.

• Justin Ellenwood

That feature is not supported on any version of Office for Mac to date. The closest you can get is to change the view. Look towards the bottom left of the screen. You will see icons and the 4th one should be a different color than the other 5. The 2 furthest to the left will allow you to have something that somewhat does the feature that you are looking for. One is called draft view and one is called outline view.

Or you can choose Notebook layout view. This has no gap but makes your document look like a "real notebook"

Hope that helps.

• Piseth Mao

In fact, I know all about these layouts, but I was thinking it might be possible to do it the way I was asking that I might not know. Now I'm clear that the feature is not added to Word Mac. Next Word mac should consider adding this feature. Anyway, thank you very much for your kind support!

• Justin Ellenwood

Your welcome, and I agree it is one thing I would love MS to add

• Brent

I don't usually comment on threads, but I was bitterly searching this problem and found the answer here. I just want to say this is feature was a must-have no-brainer. I must be missing something, but Microsoft's omission of this on the mac version seems downright retarded; retarded like not having One-Note (arguably the best) be part of Mac Office. WTF? MS isn't the only company suffering from irrationality, I cite FCPX, which I've gotten used to now, but still is flawed. Catharsis complete.