How can I take screenshots of an Android app when my device doesn’t support it?

???????? ? July 23, 2013

I need a few screenshots of an Android app for my friend. I have found one simulator on Google Play and I would like to show it to my friend in Australia, but I can’t take screenshots on my phone. Please tell me how I can take these screenshots somehow on my PC, maybe using a simulator?

1. Christian Cawley

I use an LG Optimus P920 and found that some of the screenshot tools don't work too well.

What does work, however, is AirDroid. However you might find that it is a little flakey in maintaining connections, and the speed it takes to grab and save an image on your PC might be too slow.

An alternative fix, therefore, would be to flash a ROM that supports screengrabbing. You should be able to find something suitable at forum.xda-developers.com/

You can take screenshots of Android apps in PC by using Android SDK.See the article below to know how to use it -

How to Take Android Screenshots on Your PC with the Android SDK

Also,have a look at other ways which you might find useful -

6 Ways To Take Screenshots On Android

3. Aaron A

With root it is easy if that is an option for you.

Alternative is to get an app like no root screenshot on the google play market.
    With this app you will be told to connect to a computer and do some actions.
    Should work for any phone!