How can I take handwritten notes on an Android tablet?

Paul Oerter January 18, 2013

Is there an Android tablet and pen that I can use to for handwriting just like I would write on a paper pad? I do not want to have to convert it to a Word .doc. I want to save my notes as digital ink.

1. Anthony

I have used SuperNote on my Asus tablet and loved using it with a basic touch pen. I found that it also works great on the Note 2. You can't find it on the play store but if you search XDA Developers you can find a copy of it there that works great.

2. April

I absolutely love 7Notes with Mazec (and I don't get paid to say so). It's available for Android, iPhone, and Kindle. I've used it on both my Android phone and Asus tablet with an Amazon Basics stylus.

The best part: You can write in the app on "notepaper" using your regular handwriting. You may opt to leave the note in your handwriting or convert the message to text.
    Another bonus: you can select 7Notes for text input (your handwriting) for any application.

Good luck with your search!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sevenknowledge.sevennotesproducten&hl=en

3. Vhora Rizwan

Use Evernote Handwriting App.

4. Safvan Vhora

Evernote Handwriting App for Android is very well app.

5. shaurya gupta
  6. iceman

papyrus hands-down... wootwoot

blessings to all of you. Wow lots of options.

My specific needs are:
    1) writing in my journal important thoughts or ideas
    2) taking notes while listening to audio education-medical

can any of you be so kind as to further refine suggestions for a digital ink approach to create something similar to a personal journal.

I bought these styluses, and I am willing to buy a better one:
    amCase (TM) amPen Ultra-sensitive
    GreatShield 2-in-1 Ballpoint Pen and Capacitive Touchscreen Stylus

For my android phone I downloaded: “handwrite Pro” ; “quick note”; and “tab notes”; and Evernote. I couldn’t get any of them to work like writing on a paper. I plan to buy an Asus 10” transformer I hope to write fairly normally.

Thanks!!!
    Paul

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

Sadly, you can't replicate the experience perfectly. Nikos has already listed several well known apps and the best you can do is try everything to find which one works best for you. If you has iPad there's an app which has garnered much praise amongst sketchnoters:Penultimate.
      If you find an app with qualities you described, tell me. I'm also searching for one.

If you buy Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1,then you will get pre-installed apps to do so -

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note_10.1/index.html

10. Nikos Gouveris
  11. druv vb

There's the Samsung Galaxy Note range. The phones and tablets are supplied with a digital pen. Or you can get any generic capacitive tablet with a stylus and get the SuperNote app.
    MUO had reviewed this.
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/handwritten-notes-supernote-android/

nice suggestion:)

You can use fonts that look like handwriting.

Why not use the old ways of taking notes - paper and pencil? Such apps will allow you to view the notes with their apps only which would be hard to share and access from other devices. So either use paper and pencil or use a standard word format. You can use evernote or one note which are great at making notes.