How can I switch the Apple ID used by apps on my iPhone?

kenal December 13, 2012

I have purchased an iPhone from a friend, recently. I have a big problem on how to change the apple ID when updating apps into my apple ID. I have already changed the Apple ID in the settings>Store, but still the Apple ID has not changed in updating apps. I also tried removing the apps from the old apple id and reinstall the app again using my current apple ID. But still, when I try to update the already reinstalled apps, the old apple ID still pops up and not my current. I hope someone can help me because I am tired of reinstalling all the apps everytime an app updates.

1. Anish Parameshwaran

Open up the app store, then scroll all the way down. Click on your apple ID and it should be simple from there.

2. Jagbir Sembhi

just go to featured in your app store on your phone and tap sigh out and tap sigh in, so just sign your id and your logged in.

3. Hunbuhbhuygb Ygygbgybygb

Yes but update itunes or it can be screwed.

4. Douglas Mutay

I think the best option will be to wipe your device completely and start over with your own ID. Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

5. Yiz Borol

I'm having a similar problem and was wondering the same thing.

7. rajat

also update your new id in ITunes and then synchronize your iphone