How can I stop my iPhone notifications from disappearing?

Anonymous September 22, 2013

I recently updated to iOS 7. When I receive a new notification from an app, for instance Snapchat, and it goes unchecked for five minutes or longer, the screen will light up and the notification has disappeared. It doesn’t appear in the Notification Center at all (not under All or Missed even).

Is there a way to fix this?

1. Tim B

I'm not entirely sure why this would happen (i.e. they would disappear) aside from the fact that the applications you have mentioned are currently not in Notification Centre.

It's possible to have notifications that don't appear in Notification Centre. To ensure you can see everything you want to, head to Settings > Notification Centre. Scroll to the bottom, make sure the apps you want are under the "Include" heading. You can also tap on an app and ensure "Show in Notification Centre" is ticked.

Aside from this, I can't think why it would be happening. It's certainly not meant to happen, put it that way.

Let us know if this helps!

• Jan F

I just want to confirm that it is not intended to happen. For me missed Notifications stay there until I manually delete them (oldest so far over 24h).

Maybe try restoring your iPhone within iTunes. Make sure you have a current backup.