How can I stop my ASUS laptop from bringing up Windows 8 start through a gesture?

Blondie April 14, 2013

My ASUS laptop pulls up the start page when I move my finger across the touchpad. It’s very annoying! Does anyone know how to disable this?¬†Other than this problem, my mouse and touchpad work fine!

1. yudics

may your keyboard had a problem, check your keyboard.

2. Paul Pruitt

Also try the free app, "Classic Shell": http://www.classicshell.net/. Once installed go into settings and move the radio button on the bottom of the Start Menu Style tab from Basic Settings to view "All Settings". Then go to the Windows 8 Settings tab and move the radio button to disable the Smart Screen Active Corner.

thats nice tool:)

3. Sazid Anik

disable edge swipe from mouse settings in control panel...

4. justinpot

Head to the device settings in the control panel. You can from here change the settings for your touchpad driver, which should allow you to configure which gestures do and do not work. You're looking for the "Edge Swipe". Good luck.

Have a look at your mouse settings in Control Panel
    Mouse > Device settings > Settings, uncheck the box for Enable Edge Swipes (if you have it) see if will fix the problem

Doing this will make it so you can't swipe to open up the Charms bar, so shutting down the system will be even more cumbersome.