How can I stop anonymous harassment via Facebook?

akumenov June 9, 2013

Some person is permanently sending anonymous offensive messages to my wife through Facebook. We can’t find out who this user is, since he deactivates his account (which is definitely fake created specially for this purpose) after messaging. He activates it only to send the next message. Is it possible to find out the source, IP-address somehow? He sends really bad things, and he must be stopped. This is his FB address: facebook.com/aida.nazarbaeva.
Thank you beforehand for your help.

1. thejay_0

Sure, You can still stop the user using your block list.

Still, this might not be the end, as he/she can create another account.
    But creating a new account takes lot more time and blocking an account takes seconds.

I can help more if the person is reading the answers unlike all other questions.

2. Tina Sieber

You can report the user to Facebook. There is not much else you can do. I guess you could file a police report.

Other than that I would recommend un-friending and blocking the offender. Also check your privacy settings and prevent people who are not friends on Facebook from messaging your wife. That at least should stop the harassment.

I have written an article on this subject:
    Abused, Bullied & Harassed On Facebook: 6 Ways To Get Back Your Dignity