How can I stop a rogue and unidentified Android app from calling a particular number?

Satyan B July 31, 2013

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 FW v4.1.2 Rooted

Since the past 2 months some application seems to be calling a local number and using 8 minutes of call time each month. I noticed this when I checked droid stats and confirmed when I got my itemized bill.

Is there any particular way in which I can find out which application is doing this? The number doesn’t show up in the call logs.

The number it calls, as it turns out is the number of a well known Airline, of which I am not using the app. And I don’t remember what new apps I have downloaded in the past 2 months. And yes I have uninstalled the apps I am not using.

Lookout Mobile security app, available in the Play Store, should be able to tell you what apps are questionable and if there are any viruses or malware on your device.

• Jaxx D

Thanks. I had installed and done a scan using TrustGo Mobile security. It found none. Will try Lookout too.
      I also tried Bitdefender Clueful to see which apps have access to phone calls. All apps are legit play store apps. Not using any cracked shit.