How can I shut down a Windows 7 PC from an Android phone?

Drsunil V September 11, 2013

How can one shut down a Windows 7 PC from an Android phone? Is there an app which can do this? The phone in question is Canvas 2 A110 and the laptop is a Presario CQ42 HP.

To use this app, you additionally need this program for your PC. It does not require an installation. You only have to start it with Java. It runs on Windows, Linux and Mac.
    http://www.android-powerpoint.com/shutdown/

• Drsunil V

I would get back to you if further assistance is needed towards the app you weblinked

• Drsunil V

I have noted the links. Can you pl tell whether the first app has to be synchronised with a desktop app or works by itself?

You can install TeamViewer in host mode on the Windows 7 PC so that it will run as a service when Windows starts and use the Android version to remote control the PC - including the ability to shut it down. Most other remote control solutions can do the same if they have appropriate host and client modules (or a host and web-based client module).

TeamViewer is free for non-commercial, personal use and is the solution I personally use to take care of things for family members.

• Drsunil V