How can I set up a RSS feed on my website?

Anonymous July 4, 2013

I have a website that’s just HTML not a using a platform like WP or Blogger. How can I set up an RSS feed for my site?

2. Norbert G

http://www.jamescaws.com/notes/generating-rss-feeds-from-static-html-web-pages/

"In no particular order and with my brief opinion on each based on the few minutes trial I was willing to give each, here are the sites I discovered. FeedYes – With FeedYes you cannot save feeds without being registered and logged in. I provided a sample URL (which is possible pre-registration) and they generated a preview of what links would be included in a feed based on it. Continuing on, you can specify what links are static and would therefore be present after every scrape, these are then ignored in future so only newsworthy links are included. Feed43 – No registration required and it has the potential to be a very accurate RSS feed generator, because after retrieving the static page you define extraction rules. Some learning may be involved to set up these pattern matches. feedmaker (from yoktu.com) – The most straight forward service I found and probably a good choice for someone who doesn’t have a geeky web background. A Google like interface where you enter the URL for the target page and after submitting it you are given a RSS link. It doesn’t provide any kind of link exclusion, so the initial feed results will include common static links, but after that they should no longer be displayed. I gave this service a go with a couple of URLs and sadly it didn’t work for all whereas most if not all URLs worked with the others."

All props should be given to the author of the article.