How can I send a fax without a fax machine?

July 11, 2013

How do you send faxes without a fax machine?

1. Valeria

You can try online fax from Popfax: http://www.popfax.com, it is quick and safe and not too expansive compare with the other online fax providers.

2. Christine S

hellofax works for me

The obvious answer is to use Internet faxing services, like those mentioned in Justin's post. You can also use your PC (provided it has a fax modem, and if it doesn't, you could probably get one). This involves connecting the fax modem to the telephone socket, scanning the pages you wish to fax and sending them via the fax modem (details vary for different fax software). Some all-in-one printers also have fax capability, and can be used either as a normal fax (i.e. yo place the document on the scanner platen, dial the fax number and send it directly) or by "printing" the document to the device and entering the fax number when prompted.,
    Finally, depending on why you want to fax, you may be able to scan the documents and simply email them. Personally, I've found this solution sufficient in the last five years or so (I have a small business).

• Robert H

Wow, I forgot about using a FAX modem it's been so long. Of course, now I don't have a phone line!

4. Dani B

Fax without fax machine, maybe using your PC?! On Windows there is built in fax application (Windows Fax and Scan) you can use it to send faxes - And remember you will need a modem to be installed on your machine.

Regards,,,

5. Erez Zukerman

And for one specific service, I've personally been using Interfax for years now (since 2008 or something), and it gets the job done every time. Cheap, too.

6. Justin Pot

Here's a list of five services for the job, put together by Ryan:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/send-email-fax-machine/

Hopefully one of them will work.