How can I send a fax over the Internet with my PC?

Parth Nagvadia December 18, 2012

I want to send faxes from my PC which has a broadband Internet connection. How can I do that? What software / hardware is required?

1. Viksn Vik

Use I used it for a couple of years and never wanted to switch to other provider. They're good in quality and they have low pric - smth about 0.05 for a page. What I like the most is different apps they have. Like, for example, they have an app for mobiles so you could fax from anywhere where you have a net)

2. me :)

Hi! To send fax by internet, there is no need of special hardware or software. Just use one of online professional fax services, such as or, etc. Good Luck!

3. FreeJet

Here is another service you can look into: PDF24 Fax Service at the following link:

How about the Windows 7 built-in Fax and Scan program? Go to:
    Start->All Programs->Fax and Scan.
    It's basic, but perfectly usable.

To enable it click Control Panel -> Programs->Turn Windows feature On or Off->Print and Document services->Windows Fax and Scan and tick it if unticked and click OK.

If you cannot find it in the menu as defined, just click on start->devices and printers->fax and double click for the program to open. However, you need to have a fax modem configured on your computer.

• Oswaldo

As far as I recall, the Windows fax application requires a modem connection to send a fax directly from the computer. It doesn't use any broadband connection.

That is exactly what I have mentioned in the comment above :)

5. Fawad Mirzad

You can use enables you to send fax without subscription to more than 100 countries.
    from is also free service lets you send and recieve faxes for free. have free faxing for 60 days. also enables you to send fax and you need to pay for faxes you send.
    Go to their websites and see which ones can fit your need.

• Joseph Videtto

How can a company offer free faxing without losing money ? I don't get it.

6. Joseph Monticciolo

You can use the following website [free] for faxes that are less than 3 pages, however you are limited to 2 usages a day for the free option.

For many pages use the google chrome extension HelloFax

• Parth Nagvadia

than what will be my fax number ????