How can I see a Facebook friend’s status updates if they’ve customized their settings to exclude me?

Mum D July 2, 2013

My friend does not want me to see her status updates so she has customized me not to be able to view it. Is there another way i can see her status updates??

1. Jay.0

A mutual friend and a direct/indirect access to his/her facebook account will do,
    Or you can just ignore it.

2. Justin Pot

Just going to chime in and say there's not a good technical solution to this problem, but there is a solution: talk to your friend. You've been blocked for a reason. Find out what it is. Then change.

3. Alan W

If they customized their page to exclude you, maybe they had a reason???
    Best route is to talk to them rather than the James Bond stuff.

i doubt that if the person excluded you then nothing you can do unless to contact the person and ask politely to reverse the situation.

How To See All Friends' Facebook Status Updates
    http://stacistathos.hubpages.com/hub/How-To-See-More-Friends-Facebook-Status-Updates

I hid my status updates on facebook from a friend, but I'm unsure about how to change that if I want them to see them?
    http://www.askdavetaylor.com/let_friend_see_facebook_status_updates.html

5. Jamie M

How about you just respect your friend's choice or talk to her, instead of going the creepy stalker route?

• Oron J

I'm with you Jamie! Sounds like your friend, Mum D, had a good reason to exclude you!

6. Dave P

There used to be workarounds but AFAIK they have all been closed. Unless you go to extreme measures, such as setting up a new account and getting accepted as a friend - you're out of luck.

Of course, if you know other people who can see the updates you could just ask them to copy and paste them to you. It's not morally right, but it's up to you if you want to head down that route.