How can I search the Internet on my Roku?
Question by Conrad Houser /

I have my Roku connected and everything works fine. But how do I search the Internet?

• Nancy Messieh

Conrad – you can’t access your emails on Roku. Roku is purely a streaming device not a computer which allows you to access specific channels. You can’t even access YouTube without using a workaround like the app Twonky.

If you want to access your computer through your TV I would recommend hooking up your laptop with an HDMI cable, or alternatively you could try something like the Google Chromebox.

• Conrad Houser

I get how to use Roku for Amazon etc. but there must be something simple I’m missing… how can I search the internet and read my emails on Roku?

• DalSan M

A web browser isn’t included or supported on Roku, even on the newest edition. Apparently the processor, storage, and memory these devices have are not up to par for supporting web browsers. It may be enough for text type web browsers, but most people wouldn’t want to browse the web in text version, especially on a big screen.