How can I schedule power on and off on an Android 2.3 tablet?

Drsunil V September 15, 2013

How can I schedule power on and off on Android 2.3 tablet? This feature is not available by default though it is exists in Android 4.0 phones. So, is there a way to enable this feature in 2.3 version of Android tablet ( HCL ME AM7A1_) , perhaps through an app? Please verify for version and functionality if app is found.

I searched and didn't found anything much close to what you want.

You can have a look at the app Power Schedule which can

" set your phone to off while you sleep at night, so you're not bothered by any unwanted calls "

as mentioned in its description.

• Drsunil V

If such matters are kernels problem, and require rooting, then would automation apps help?

• Susendeep D

Power off and reboot functionality are supported by Timer app,as mentioned by Hovsep.

But I don't know whether the reboot function or nay other will allow you to auto schedule power on/off your device.I didn't even found any such root app either.

If you see the description of Auto On-Off (FREE) it says that -

" - Switching off the device is not possible. Also Android HW and SW as of now does not support device wake-up alarms i.e. you cannot expect the functionality of powering up the device from a power off state like you do in BB/Nokia, etc.

- To shutdown the device, you need root access. ....
      "

Also,there was a similar project being envisioned but cancelled due to lack of skilled developers.

• Drsunil V

Thanks for a relevant search finds. Can you please tell whether ifttt has android app?

• Drsunil V

The apps in your reply do not schedule power on off but have a different function

• Drsunil V

Please note : Question implies scheduling power on and off the tab

perhaps you need to root atleast if to schedule power ON.
      TimerAndroid
      http://fr.appbrain.com/app/timerandroid/com.naivesoft#descriptionsection