How can I restore photos to my iPhone that I backed up to iTunes?

xolove1d May 30, 2013

I plugged my phone into iTunes and it told me it needed to be restored. So before I did it, I made sure I backed everything up. So when it was all done my phone asked me if it should restore from the computer, so I did, but it did not put any pictures that were on my phone from before.

So then I went to the photos on iTunes to sync them. But when I did that, it synced all my photos that were saved on my computer from concerts and stuff, not the ones that were there before.

PLEASE HELP! I had important photos!

1. Nick

You can try using an iPhone backup recovery software. I'd personally recommend TotalSaver for the ease of use.

2. peter denver

i can only say based on my own experience that enigma recovery sorted all my lost data I don't know if that would include pics from the iphone because I never needed to recover the pics but they give free advice to help you

3. Kimberly Trainer

I just restored my iPad today and i had an option in iTunes to sync all or select folders.
    Are your iTunes up to date? ou know what after re reading your problem heres what i would do.
    1) backup #2
    2) Find EXACTLY the files,folders and photos you need (copy the path down )
    3) Reset or restore
    4)When its time to reload *make sure you select exact folders.
    GOOD LUCK

iPhone Backup Extractor can extract images from iTunes backup.

Actually in iTunes, you have option of ticking sync pictures and the folder can be defined / selected. This was there when I used the old iTunes interface. Never used iTunes with the new interface, but the feature should probably still exist.

if not deleted or overwritten probably you can get them from here
    Windows Vista and Windows 7: Users(username)AppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup