How can I resize an image to 1920×1080?

December 16, 2013

I found these pictures on Reddit however nobody asked for a 1080×1920 version so no such picture was created, and I am positive that if I asked for it my post would be ignored (small fish in a big pond). I read in this http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/convert-small-image-1920×1080/ post that if I sent my image to “Jay” he will respond with an edited upload of my image. But I’m an idiot and do not know where “here” is or what the +image option is. So can someone help me out here? I do not have photoshop. My images are 1024×768.

PS. If you send me a link for some image re-size program, I will likely ignore it due to the fact that most re-size programs can only make images smaller so that they take up less space and can be used for different things across the internet etc.

1. Tony A

I have come to the conclusion that there is not a way to make smaller images a larger size without either making them look goofy as all heck, stretched, or pixely. I will just stick to looking for 1920x1080 origin wallpapers instead of trying to make the nice smaller sized ones 1920x1080. Thank you all for the responses.

• andrea livingston

Tony, I apologize, you cannot size up images in sizzlepig. The source file must be as large as the output file, otherwise the images will get skewed and look less than professional.

2. andrea livingston

Try sizzlepig.com for free. You can make a folder of images into an unlimited number of sizes very fast. It's very simple and you control how each will look visually without needing to download software or having photoshop.
    1. Put all of your images in one folder.
    2. Place the folder in one of these: Box, Dropbox, Google Drive or your desktop.
    3. Login to sizzlepig.com.
    4. Make a project name.
    5. Make a blueprint , pull the corners or type in the size (1920x1080)
    (hint: if you want a copy for desktop and a copy for retina display check 2x, you will automatically get both)
    6. Hit save.
    7. You will now see all of your images resized and on one page.
    8. If you want to crop or fine-tune an image you can do this while you are previewing, on the same page.
    9. If you are happy with how they look, hit 'process'.
    10. Go back to the folder where you placed the images, and you will have an 'output' folder that sizzlepig created.
    (Hint: sizzlepig monitors cloud folders for any updates or revisions to files in those folders. If you add or edit images to/this cloud folder your saved settings will be applied.).

• Tony A

I attempted to use this but when I put my images into the website it would not let me edit them. Maybe a glitch?
      Did not work for me.

3. ??????? G

Try this online converter http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/ or download, try and/or purchase this desktop converter http://www.coolutils.com/TotalImageConverter. Both have Resize option, so you can specify image size

• Tony A

All the top link did was put black borders around my image to make the size 1920x1080 but did not actually make the image any different.
      The bottom link clearly states "A handy resize option to make the photo smaller" ... I mean... I thought I was clear enough when I said "most re-size programs can only make images smaller" but I guess you did not read that part.

5. Alan W

There's an online resizer that allows you to select the size here:

http://quickthumbnail.com/

• Tony A

This does not have a 1920x1080 option. Good try though.

6. Jack C

Try iResizer - it will scale your image, and won't crop them like most programs would.

• Tony A

So it does not crop, but it stretches the hell out of it and makes it look totally wigged out. Sorry

• Jack C

I put up a link to the review, but it got moderated. It doesn't stretch images to make it blurry, it programatically stretches and resizes the background around the object that you want fixed.

• Tony A

Yeah I know, I marked the object that was important and the rest of the image was completely distorted. Maybe I did it wrong? I am not sure but I was thoroughly displeased with the result.

The commenting system that was in place at the time that post was created (Discus, I believe) allowd uploading of images, thus "here" really did mean in that particular thread and "+image" referred to the link to click to select and upload the image.

Instead of Photoshop, there are several other image editing tools that can be used to resize images, some better than others. There is The GIMP which is a free, open-source tool similar to Photoshop (including all of the complexity). It can also be done with Microsoft Paint which is included with all Microsoft operating systems. The Microsoft Office Picture Manager can do it as well. For the best results, using The GIMP is what I would recommend since it also includes tools to allow smoothing the resulting enlarged picture.