How can I reset the color palette for Windows 7?

arasan77 January 18, 2013

After setting up the OS, I changed some of the system colors through the links “Personalization -> Window Colors -> Advanced Appearance” to provide an application window with Black background and White text arrangement, instead of the normally inverted options, to enable me to view the screen without eye strain, as I am a visually challenged person.

But in that process the background and font colors of several other controls got changed, without my knowledge or intention, and leading to unreadable texts – e-g: The options in a Drop-down List, Labels on control buttons (“OK”, “CLOSE” etc.). As these seem to change randomly, without my being able to identify what changes are made, and I am unable to change these, even by reverting back to the normal colors for the application windows, I am forced to work with quite a few unreadable parts in my window areas, causing me extreme difficulty.

Now I would like to know the relations between the various window system colors and how to make the desired changes for the windows through the above mentioned Personalization link, without the colors of the other controls getting changed arbitrarily.

I would be extremely grateful to anybody who can direct me appropriately.

1. Nevzat Akkaya

Changing to a different Windows Theme might also help, for example, you might also try accessibility themes.

2. Dan Rivera

Please look at this link as well for your future reference.

You should be able to restore the colour scheme by:

Right-click the desktop and choose Personalize.
    Click the Windows 7 item in the Aero section of the list.
    The change should be instant but you may need to reboot.

4. Ilemobayo Owaseye

you can write it on google

6. Nala Dimapunong

I personally think you did not only changed the window settings or something. I think it's a good idea to change your font settings back to default.

This one is from a Microsoft Forum:

1.Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.
    2. In the left pane, click Font settings.
    3. Click Restore default font settings.

This also removes all manual changes that you've made to your display settings.

Good luck!