How can I repair the CMOS battery in my computer?

Sanju Meena June 6, 2012

In my PC one problem is very bad. When I switch on my computer, it does not update my time and date automatically. I think it is a problem of CMOS battery, but I don’t like to replace it with new one. I have to repair it. Can I do this at home or do I have to buy a new battery? Thank you for solving my problem.

1. maruthi

good morning sir,
    what is the problem to my pc .i'm getting message from my pc"FATAL ERROR...SYSTEM MESSAGE ERROR" please kindly solve the problem

2. akkil

When I plug my PC to the's power button light on for 2 seconds and off it and light on it again
    for 2 seconds and off before I switch on. when I switch on the PC it's BIOS screen says
    "The firmware has detected that a CMOS battery failure occured. press the enter to continue"
    after pressing enter it's says
    "The firmware has detected that a CMOS checksum error the enter to continue"
    after pressing enter again and it's says
    "The firmware has detected that the system date/ time has not been the enter to continue"
    after log on by pressing enter then my date is set as 01/01/2007 and time set as 12.00AM
    there for every time after log on I have to set the correct date and time.
    I changed BIOS as default setting and replace a new CMOS battery and update BIOS . also I reset BIOS jumper but nothing happend.
    then I changed my power supply unit and plugged it to the electricity but result is same.

how can I solve this? please help me.

3. anurag joshi

please tell me how can we change cmos battery.. and is there is any software to regenerate the battery power please tell me

4. GamE

replace it by pushing it out with a thin material or some flat screw driver

• Sanju Meena

there are some soft that reset cmos battery, you can try it if you wish
    CMOS De-Animator
    the result depends on Bios

by command prompt

The battery cannot be repaired and the cost of a replacement is hardly anything. Do as Bruce suggests and replace the battery.

• Sanju Meena

OK! Alan i Thing its Not Possible to Repair it... So I'm Going to Buy New Battery Thanks!

• Danial Azri

I also have the same problem like this.So i buy a new battery and i've replace the battery. But after i'd replace the battery,my pc wont be able to start.What should i do?

Just replace the battery. It is a simple process that anyone can do. Unless it is an extremely old computer that has the battery soldered in (highly unlikely).

• Sanju Meena

Yeah! But I want to Know Can I Repair It....