How can I repair my SharePoint database?

Amalia Smith June 12, 2013

I’ve been using a SharePoint 2010 Server for a long time and I have irritating error pop-ups when using MDF database files on it. One of my friends recommended I try a SharePoint recovery software, does anyone know what software I could use to get my SharePoint components back into access mode?

1. Paul Pruitt

Try Recoveronix' Repair Corrupted File Online for SharePoint. Use the coupon "S2SERVICES" for a free recovery. The coupon code is good until Nov. 1, 2013 :-). Using the service normally costs $39...

2. Amalia S

Thanks everyone.. I found the solution from the aforementioned path which I shared to all of other users.

3. Phill Duplessis

Database error can also generate due to misconfiguration in Sharepoint settings.You can have some good tips on how to configure it properly in order it run it in a better manner.

Top 10 SharePoint 2010 Configuration Mistakes -- and How to Fix Them

Since you didn't mentioned any sort of specific error as searching for .mdf related errors didn't show up anything,you could solve your issue by using Correlation ID.

This can be done in two ways.

By using Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit .

By using Powershell and SQL commands.

That would depend on what kind of errors you need to fix. The most general tool you could use to fix SharePoint database (SQL Server) errors would be Microsoft's SQL Server Management Studio (see here for documentation.

For more specific help on a particular error, post the entry (or entries) from the Error Log here and we can research it (if necessary) or (hopefully) pop in an answer to something we have seen before. Also note that since the errors have to do with SQL Server database files, the errors may be issuing from SQL Server instead of SharePoint in the logs.