How can I repair damages of a website hack so antivirus software will allow access to my website?

Alex A January 18, 2013

About one month ago I had my website hacked and blocked by Google. I cleaned it and they unblocked it.

I just found out some antiviruses still block access to it, even though it was clean on all scans I made and Google confirmed. What can I do? Could it still be something that only those antiviruses see? How could I clear it?

1. Surendra

I want always run for scanning of online website. It offer scan of wordpress, Joomla and other platform based website free scanning and remove infected malware.

2. Alex A

Thank you all for your answers, now I have a starting point.

I scanned my website again and is clean.

Just one more question: do you know any way to find out which antiviruses blacklisted me? Maybe some online scanner?

Usually when google whitelisted your website most of antiviruses will while list is as well. Only website will give a low level of trust after your website is cleaned. make sure that you still do not have virus in your site (Some times even when google white list your site , chances are there that your website is still infected).
    If after cleaning your site you are blacklisted by antivirus you can check antivirus website to see what they can do with you.

4. Saurav Azad

for details about site certificates refer

5. Mihovil Pletikos

what was the problem to start with?

you have to contact them (antivirus company) and ask to whiteliste your website

• Paul Pruitt

I agree, but if you get whitelisted by the biggest players, maybe the others will follow suit. here is a list of URL to try to get on whitelists again:

* - use the upper right field to input your domain then claim it as yours on the lower left and go through the process of getting a review of your site.

Also, the best way around your problem maybe to get a website security certificate . I think they are also called SSLs. They might mean your site is only accessed with https not http, but that's not the bad. I think Comodo certificates are the cheapest. Some certificates seem to set up a process where your website is checked every hour for security issues and if its good, keeps a security seal on the website.

I think antivirus companies have to whitelist you if you have a security certificate. Comodo's cheapest one is a free one for 180 days, then you start paying. The next level seems to be about $50 a year.

Sorry we need an expert's opinion here. Can anybody explain site certification better please?