How can I remove the password I never set on my memory card?

anna tory May 16, 2013

My memory card automatically has a password despite the fact that I never put a password on it. I have never created a password for it, and would like to access it so could you please tell me what I can do?

1. mahesh

I have forgetten my password so plz tell me how to unlock it.

2. Rezaul Arefin

try 0000

3. Paul Pruitt

If it is a Nokia phone, you might be in luck. You just rename the mmcstore file to mmcstore.txt, transfer the file to a PC and look in Notepad at the file. It contains your password.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4154-micro-sd-card-lost-password#solutions

You can see if such a file exist say on your Samsung phone, but from what I saw on the internet, the file and method of password protecting an SD disk may only exist in Nokia phones.

4. Abood

Well... same thing happened with my card. it is either the problem that your sd card has virus as other ppl said, or maybe the card is corrupted. by corrupted i mean, tht u kept it sumwhere or used to take it outta phone too often that its golden color pins side myt hav got scratches or corrupted. it can be formatted in simple words. even if u giv to the company, they will also format n giv u back. but if the sd card has this scratch prob, most probably i will suggest to buy new one because even after formatting it, after few days it will automatically set a password again. this happens. and if u looking for the answer "retrieving data" , then i am sorry there are very less chances of it.. because even if the sd card has virus, u cannot scan it because computer wont detect it at in most cases. n the only way i can say to retrieve data is, put sd card in some mobile wich recognizes the sd card because that mobile wont ask for its password. and then transfer ur data using email or bluetooth. mostly nokia mobiles hav tht option. and format also will be done from mobile only. best of luck :)

Did the drive ask you for a password when new, or only after you've used it for a while? If the latter, then this is probably the result of a virus or other malware.

• anna

actually.,it my mom mobile., he say he want to update his mobile, he ask the shop workers to format the memory phone and suddenly the memory have password.,i try many thing but i can open it.,

how this happened, you were doing a specific thing?

What is the card being used for PC, Phone etc?
    Did you buy the card from a retailer or get it with some device?

Probably first check for virus infection on that SD card and clean it.

9. Chris Marcoe

What is the manufacturer for the SD card? You should be able to look online at their site (or, more likely, a forum somewhere) that has it. Much like looking up the default passwords for a router.