How can I recover Windows 7 when my laptop has no disk drive?

Kate Stadt December 12, 2012

My HP laptop has no disk drive. How can I get a hold of Windows 7 recovery disks and what do I do with them since I lack a drive? Is this even the proper solution to an unending Safe Mode start-up loop? And what was I thinking when I ditched Apple? Help!

1. Duy Nguyen Minh

Try use the usb and burn Hirent Boot CD in USb. And go dos program recover it.

2. luis donis

the most logical using the usb with her recovery can restore or reinstall the system

3. Abba Jee

you can use a usb drive to recover windows 7

4. Brandon Lockaby

If your laptop came with OS Recovery disk this is what you would use. otherwise you will need to install a fresh copy.

5. Nilesh Rathi

You can use an external hard disk or boot via some network device.

6. Yiz Borol

There are a number of options:
    1) since you're using HP there should be a recovery partition on the drive, you need to google how to access it for your computer.
    2) USB live drive-this is the same thing as a cd only in USB flashdrive form, just make sure your computer can boot from USB.

7. Wouter Ruelens

You should use a recovery partition, if you don't have one (but you probably do) I would check on the website of HP. The eason is that OEM versions of Windows often can only be recovered by the recovery discs of the laptop manufacturer.

9. Douglas Mutay

The easiest way if your Pc doesn't have a recovery partition built inside is to use the Windows 7 USB/DVD download found in this link: toolhttp://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool.
    You can use another PC and create a bootable USB that you can use to repair your computer startup problem.

10. Eath Chantrea

Using EaseUS® Partition live cd.

you can use a usb as an installation media. similar to this http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/how_to_install_windows_7_beta_a_usb_key

12. pp potana

You have to use external USB and install a new version

13. Naval Gupta

1. By using a USB drive
    2. By borrowing an external disk drive
    3. As Jim suggested, there should be an in-built recovery partition

If you post what is the present situation of your PC, there may be more options.
    HIH

Does your laptop have a recovery partition on the HDD. You can install a recovery disk on a 4GB USB flashdrive.