How can I recover the password on my Google account?

Terry Costello February 28, 2013

I bought an new Samsung tablet last week and when I opened a new Gmail account I did not take a note of the password I set it up with. I have tried to retrieve my password on numerous occasions but I keep getting a message saying I am not giving them the answers they have on file. Is there any way I can get help to reset my password for this account as I am worried if in the future I may be locked out of my new tablet.

I neef my old account

2. Chinmay Sarupria

If you have provided any recovery email address then just go to this link:
    and click 'I don't know my password' then enter the email and hit continue.

3. EL

Click "Forgot your password". They will ask you for some information you set up when you set up the account, and then send you a reset link.

4. Nitesh Badala

did you provide any recovery option at the time you made your account (ex. security question, mobile no., secondary email etc.)?
    If yes then go to forgot password and fill the required option and If you do not able to memorized your recovery option then choose alternative option and provider your other email account or mobile no. through that google can send new password on it.
    After applying password you will be able to access your account

5. Tanveer Ahmed

If you are unable to retrieve your password then factory reset the tablet
    Here is complete guide on how to reset android tablet

After you successfully reset your tablet .. Create a new account..

Visit the link below to recover your account in a simple way -

7. Rob Hindle

If you think you ARE giving the right security question answers maybe you had shift-lock on before but not now, or the other way round.

Think about the passwords you might have used, surely if it was completely random you'd have noted it so it's probably something you can recall.

Failing all else set up a new google account - one possibility is that going through that process will remind you at the "enter password" stage what you used when you created the original account but if not just switch to using the new account. This time double check all the account recovery info (and I'll make my usual plea to use Google's 2 factor authentication, not very user-friendly but super secure.)

9. Rubis Song

Did you provided an optional recovery email or a phone number when you were creating your account? I know you can also answer security questions you’ve chosen on the sign up process. Otherwise, I am afraid to say that it's gone and there is no way you can prove to Google that you are the owner of the account especially because it's a new account.

• Terry Costello

I closed account and opened a new one, thank you anyway.