How can I recover photos from a microSD card that isn’t recongized anymore?

Sunny Petchpeng May 18, 2013

I have an issue with a with microSD card. I took it out of my boyfriend’s phone to reflash his phone. After I sorted out his phone, I put it back. Now it does not see the file at all.

I tried to swap it into my phone. It said card blank. Nothing has been done to the card, the file should be still on there. I tired to use recover software, but it does not show the drive.

I have no idea, I only took it out and left. It should not have a problem at all. Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this problem because there are so many pictures on the card! Thank you x

1. Degenerated S

best solution is to try to open the card in a linux os .... try it ...

2. reha andrew

Why don't you use a data recovery program to recover your data? If still you have not used it then try it once.

• sunny

thanks for you respond I tried recover software and it said cant see the boot sector Im stuck .. anything can sort out this problem .. x

have you tried all above mentioned methods?

3. Akshay Hallur
  4. Akshay Hallur
  5. Paul Pruitt

If the system doesn't recognize the drive, let alone any software, you are probably out of luck.

This is a hopeful article if at least you can get the system to assign a drive letter:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-recover-data-from-a-corrupt-memory-card-or-usb-drive/

6. Krishna Tiwari

hey its very simple......
    go to filehippo.com
    download recuva [recovry softwr]

and simply use it you can recover more than 80 % of you data

EaseUs is one of the most reputed freeware company. Try their free MicroSD recovery software from http://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/card-recovery-software/micro-sd-recovery.htm