How can I recover my old Xbox Live gamertag if I don’t have access to the email account it is linked to?

Manuel T July 16, 2013

My Xbox Live gamertagĀ is linked to my old email. And i dont remember my password or the answer to the security question, or maybe my exgirlfriend changed everything, the point is that I’m trying to link my new email to my gamertag, and to do that it asks me to type in the password for the old email, and i went to Hotmail and tried everything and just cant budge it. What can I do?

well if your exgirlfriend changed everything can do ask her if you kept somekind of contact with her.

phone number support
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false

2. Matt.Smith

I think your only hope is to call Xbox Live support. I had this issue several years ago, and was able to get my account attached to a newer Microsoft account I still know the username / password of. However, you'll probably need to provide some information to authenticate yourself, such as birthdate, name, etc.