How can I recover my hacked Facebook account if all my personal information was changed?

kehardyfl June 20, 2012

Yesterday, my Facebook was hacked and someone has changed my email, password, phone number, and security question so that there is no way for me to get back on. When I go to enlist trusted friends, it says my account is not available, and I can’t do it.

I am so frustrated, I have sent my ID into Facebook and they have not done anything and I really just want to get control over this. Please tell me you can help.

Kristin H.

1. Rahul das

plz help me my is recover facebook account

2. Francisca Rodriguez

my account was locked during December 2012 and I have not been able to re-opened

3. Nidhi Mittal

Nidhi..

4. gurmeet kauir

i think my facebook becom hacked i dont kw hw.......i cant paas comment,like or share also..i cannot see my frends tooooooo plz help me to come out frm this problem i tried lot but not any solutions come out plz help me

It appears that you have been blocked by many people(friends) for posting,commenting uncomfortable stuffs.

5. rosettacarn

i try and try to get back on my facebook page to connect with my family pleace help i dont wont no noe to get my information and change my page

• arslan mehboob

hi someone ack my page i am so nervous plz tell me how i can b back my facebook page

6. sushmita

someone, hacked my facebook profile and changed my email, password, phone number, and security question so that there is no way for me to get back on. When I go to enlist trusted friends, it says my account is not available, and I can’t do it.
    plz plz plz plz help me today 7thday of hacking..plzz help me

Try to report you compromised account as hacked to Facebook by visiting the link below -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

If your most of the identifiable details are deleted by the hacker,then you cannot do anything else from your end to fully recover your account.Only the Facebook admin can do something to recover your account.

7. stephen

hello could someone help me out. someone knew my password and deactivated my account. i couldnt get the password reset to my email adress that i use for facebook as i dont remember the password. then i had the option of choosing three friends for facebook to send codes to. well i choose 3 friends but one of these friends dosent have access to the email adress. how do i get facebook to give me this option again so i can change the three friends? please get back to me if u can help.

Your problem can be solved easily by resetting your email account password so that you can have access to it and then can receive reset code in it.If you had provided the name of your email provider,then,I can give you a direct reset link to recover your email account.

• sushmita

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me plzzzzzzzzzzz

8. Ashish Sharma

Not resolved

9. Geraldine Balabag

please i need immediately your reply please because the hanker using that account and harassing the owner of that account,and when i contact my trusted friend for the code.i dont kwow what to do now,please i hope you can reply this message immediately,thanks

10. Sanjay Narang

Dear sirs, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME TO REGAIN MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT,if anybody can help me than I can provide my password to him,I AM TOTALY FEDUP AND FRUSTED, as i already inform to fb authorities regarding my hacked Facebook account,i tried my level best by following instructions given in "help"but i could not resolve the issue,in brief,recently my Facebook account was hacked by someone,he changed my name as "Hindu terrorism",which I correct in original ,but now I am not able to connect Facebook,when I log in to Facebook account,in-spite to show my home page,an advertisement page shown there,moreover on upside of right hand,setting and log-out reflecting,my home page or timeline I can't get.I don't know that my Facebook account is existing or no more with Facebook if my account is alive or if somebody deleted it,i want to recover the same,I am unable to restore my Facebook account on my own,I need your help in this regard.Kindly help me to recover/restore my Facebook account. [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

• here2help

hi i am willing to assist you sanjay just need passord and i will try for you as hadmy account hacked in pass and lost everything so i know hoiw ya feel

• Sanjay narang

Password is [REMOVED]

is there another quicker way we can speak that may speed up process of the recovery of your account the code it sent to your phone expired sosent new one it is me here2help

• here2help

Google just sent a verification code via text message (SMS) to [REMOVED]

• Sanjay narang

783030

hi sorry went to sleep and lost the verification windoiw so had another code sent to your phone am awake also when wer you last in your google email and when was it created if you possibly know

• dowop lolo

hi Sanjay i would like to help you if you are still not able to access yer account i am able to help the best i can need the pass

• Sanjay Narang

Kindly contact me on mail at [REMOVED] I am waiting for your mail on my mail I'd.I am in india so you can calculate the timings here.now when I am written you this mail there is 7.45 AM of Saturday morning.

11. Sanjay Narang

Dear sirs,
    as i already inform to fb authorities regarding my hacked Facebook account,i tried my level best by following instructions given in "help"but i could not resolve the issue,in brief,recently my Facebook account was hacked by someone,he changed my name as "Hindu terrorism",which I correct in original ,but now I am not able to connect Facebook,when I log in to Facebook account,in-spite to show my home page,an advertisement page shown there,moreover on upside of right hand,setting and log-out reflecting,my home page or timeline I can't get.I don't know that my Facebook account is existing or no more with Facebook if my account is alive or if somebody deleted it,i want to recover the same,I am unable to restore my Facebook account on my own,I need your help in this regard.Kindly help me to recover/restore my Facebook account.
    My account detail- 
    Name- Sanjay Narang
    [PERSONAL DATA REMOVED]
    Any thing if you require kindly ask and help in getting my fb account in normal position.
    Regards

Kindly post this question as a new question under the link below -

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/ask/?q=

Also,you are not going to get many response here in this old thread.

• dowop lolo

that lead to a blank page was no postings

The above link is for posting new questions and I checked it and it loads properly.If the link doesn't works for you,then try the below link -

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/ask

12. chandan srivastava

i h've no access my facebook account due to change my facebook password. according to facebook massege. And i can'nt change my password. so please help me for access my facebook account. thanx

13. karthik

my id is hacked.his give the photos of my frnd's.than i can verifyd

14. asad niazi

how can i prevent my id from hacking?

By making strong passwords and not allowing any apps with strange permissions to access your personal information.

15. sanjay narang

today my facebook account was haked by someone and now when i am loging my account i am looking my name as hindu terrorism,and on my facebook page only setting and logout points are written on up right side,my page is showing "create an advertiesment" "3 easy steps.please help me to recover my account

Kindly report it to Facebook -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

• Sanjay narang

I have reported to same link suggested by you in your reply,there I got "secure my account",I continued the page,then I changed my password,but problem is still there,on the top of right hand only "setting"and "logout"is written,while in normal case home,name and arrow of setting,privacy,and logout reflecting,my home page is stolen and only advertisement page is reflecting,if I am searching in my friends account my name,my name is no more in list of my friend,on searching myself on Facebook account,I am not on Facebook.plz suggest me how to regain my account in this situation.

If you had followed the steps mentioned in the link below -

http://www.hacktrix.com/how-to-recover-hacked-facebook-account

then,

it seems that you might have to look at some of the applications you might have installed.Try deleting those suspicious apps.

• Sanjay Narang

Dear friend,
          I tried my level best but I am unable to regain my fb account,now I am totally frustrated and I think that in future I can't regain my account,if you can help me than I can provide you my password too,
          Can you help me by operating my fb account at your end?

Thanks for showing such trust that you are thinking to give me your account password.But,this is not what you should do in this internet world as your personal data is misused as you are seeing with your Facebook account.Never give away your personal information to anybody in the internet and maintain privacy.

Since,I know upto this and it's upto Facebook how they react to your request,I request you to post your question as a new one as there are many people here in Makeuseof that would help you

Also,have a look at the article link below to know the benefits,reasons and how to do it -

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-ask-questions-online-actually-get-answers-opinion/

16. Ricky flores neria jr.

my face book and emaile accounts has been hacked cant get in please help?

For Facebook -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

For email,Google search for it as you haven't mentioned your email provider.

17. Pavan

Reporting can help -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

• lilith stoness

actually from comments made above it dont help. ive tried too and had no luck.

18. sameer

Their is no legal way to get your account back my friend. But don’t lose hope their is surely always a way.
    Their are no. of ways through which you can get your account back but those ways are not legal. One of which is ‘phishing’ you may google it
    Best of luck,,,,,,,and aiwys be hppy

19. malikrehanshah

Yesterday, my Facebook was hacked and someone has changed my email, password, phone number, and security question so that there is no way for me to get back on. When I go to enlist trusted friends, it says my account is not available so I have sent my ID into Facebook and they have failed to do so

20. thomas george

someone has hack in my acount on facebook and change my password

21. amit kumar jha

recover my facebook account security question

22. liz falcon

My number has been changed on my account and did not receive new passwords. Then i was locked out. Please cancel my Facebook account immediately. Thank u for ur attention to

23. Woldekidan

My account is not closed but with in a second it will close.I try so many time but I can't.please help me.

Post this question and elaborate it as closed account can have many meanings like hacked,compromised,disable etc. -

24. kristin torres

my question is similar to the one above. i did something so so so stupid while on facebook and playing Zynga Poker. i went to a website that said it was from Zynga management in the chat box that said "offer good for one hour only, double your chips by going to" "www.weekly-zynga.tk". it asked for my user name or email, which is my facebook user name, and password, and email password to boot and how many chips, then a security question, then submit. i did not want to give my email password so i used my facebook password for both anwsers and hit submit. i went back to Zynga Poker and played a few minutes more before my account froze and i could'nt do anything. i logged out and tried to log back in and could'nt. the most i could get was someone named "Kristin Nosive" who obviously is'nt me. i also received an email from facebook that an email acct. kristin7564@ymail had been attached to my facebook acct. i have asked friends to view my profile and i don't exist anymore! i also used three of my credit cards to purchase poker chips and they got those and over charged my accounts and i had to cancel them and was in tears! i too sent a grievance email to facebook and they said there was nothing they could do since i didn't know my user ULR address and my password had been changed and i couldn't identify myself even though i did in my email and explained what had happened. i am new to computers and had only had my facebook acct. for one month. i don't know the abbreviated language people use and i know that is no excuse for being so stupid and gullible and stupid again but this the response people get? "Theres nothing we can do?" i have to delete my email acct. and start over with all my contacts and i'm definitely scared to death to make another facebook acct.! i also have to go to thePolice and make a report on how stupid i was. now i have to worry that they will get my identity and SS# and i'm scared to use my computer even though i have AT&T Conectech Support and they went in and said they cleaned any viruses from it. i'm so ashamed of myself. i have made fun of people who have done just what i did. So stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!! can anyone out there give me any suggestions what to do? should i recreate a new facebook acct.? now that i definately know better what not to do? yours truly sad, scared, ashamed, and this really top the top ten personal worst screw up for me!!! thanks, sorry this so long but i had to vent some.

25. leumas cifra

in aug.08 2012 my face account is hack....?What can I do if my facebook account was hacked and the hacker changed the password?

You should report it to Facebook but it would take long time to process -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

26. smarty

if somebody's account is hacked then please go on this link http://www.hackmeout.net/2010/09/hack-facebook-facebook-hacking-software.html

27. Jade Downie

Can't access my accout as its been hacked and they've put some sort of code on it and I can't access it without a recognised computer or device

28. Yakub Uton

Why I am can not share link or tag mine to my groups ?

29. michale carrera

Some one hack my facebook what delet it

30. saicharancheeti

i dont like this because it is tuff to download

31. nek nozkui

access code that was sent to me was already expire,and if i enter those codes,it keep on asking the the codes which just recently sent...it says i almost try more often,question is,how many days would i wait until i can get access of my account?

32. Laksh

I am facing the security check by facebook where they are asking for a security code which was sent to my old mobile number which doesnt exists anymore! I tried to upload the govt ID as requested! But the send button seem to be unresponsive! Please help me! I cant imagine recreating my facebook profile :(

33. Stephane montallana

i cannot connect to facebook account what should i do??please help me...

Clear browser cache and cookies.

34. swathi

somebody opened my facebook without my permission and he changed my password now i want use my facebook

Reset the password to stronger one -

http://www.facebook.com/recover.php

• Sundeep

Please explain in brief.

35. murari lakhotia

my fb account was hacked and some one has mis use it so what way i will recover my fb password.......please help as soon as possible

36. murari lakhotia

my facebook account was hacked and some one has mis use it so what way i will recover my fb password........please help me as soon as possible

37. steve

log in to be a friend with this person (SAM), who can I remove this sentences that it is always appear to me when I try to log in to my Facebook account?

38. elmer

What can I do if my facebook account was hacked and the hacker changed the password?
    my face book acoun is all ready one week not working, becouse my Facebook was hacked and someone has changed my email, password, phone number, and security question so that there is no way for me to get back on. When I go to enlist trusted friends, it says my account is not available, and I can’t do it.

39. brittney pore

I have my @facebook.com id just not the password
    and I lost my old email anyone know what to do??

40. lawarencejoseph

i cannot send email 2 my friends plz help me

41. rimpy arora

42. Trishna Roy

Trishna asks:

43. sajawal

hi some one use my yahoo account to create her facebook account so when i log in write my id or password her account were open what is this why my account is not open

44. anu shrestha

my Facebook and yahoo both password has been hacked and because of that i am not able to open my both account .and i tried a lot to open using my secret question and alternative yahoo mail ID but now i came to know that every thing has been hacked and changed.and now a days the hacker is posting usless photos and sending rude massages to my friends and familey using my Facebook and yahoo mail ID .so please kindly help me for this issue .....Iam hoping for your feedback.
    regards
    anu shrestha

45. Umesh

Can anyone help to get my changed facebook password on my mobile no

You only get code to reset password and not the actual password.

46. Andy

ive had the same problem my facebook has been hacked and ive sent photo ID and got nothing and despite sending loads of messages to facebook ive still had nothing back. im starting to think its part of the hackers plan to get the ID for fraud

47. britney

my facebook was as i was browsing with my phone, when it went off i tried logging in from a friends when the account was blocked. i tried retrieving it, keep asking me questions of friends tagged, i cant identify them. i gave them my date of birth as i used only date and month, they replied me that it is incorrect. what do i do as i need to activate the account its been long. thanks.

48. shalini

My facebook id,mail id,sequrity questions everything has been hacked by soneone.I'm tring to block it .but how? Please help me.

• arun

when i change my facebook password showing password was hacked.How can i change the password now.

Are you trying to access Facebook from its original site or other scam links? Always access Facebook from the link -->http://www.facebook.com/

and reset password by clicking on the link forget password which is situated below password field.

Delete your account permanently -

https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=224562897555674

49. amruta

my account is hacked what should i do ?????? :(

50. tammy

samething happen to me says my facebook has been disabled beacuse someone tried to hack it and it wont all ow me access to it i tried everything to get it back facebook will not reply to me

51. Linda Clark

How can I change my user name and password when I don't remember my old sign on. This I why I want to change it but - duh, you say I have to know my old sign on information. I hope you respond to this inquiry. I've heard you seen to ignore problem questions that need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. its me

dont worry, my facebook got hacked 2...................by my mom. and now my life is over. but dont worry im sure if you try hard enough you will be able to get it back in no time. but you can always make another one, thats what im tryin to 2 do, wish you luck

53. hina mehdi

i want to permanently lock my fb a/c.as i believe it has been hacked.plz help me faster.

54. shubi

My id has been hacked n sunbody misusing it posting vulgar pic n ol m rely frustated

55. sahar

my face book account has been hacked and I cannot login plz help

56. Shahin Alam

My Id has been hacked?

57. suman

my facebook account has been hacked ,,, unable to open it.... my gmail has been deleted, phone numder has been changed,, password also has been changed,,,. please i need a solution from you people very soon...... its my humble request

58. jacqui hewson

how to regain access to a hacked facebook account

59. racelle andrade

please help me to recover my old facebook account because someone is using it ..

60. kay sunday

my facebook account has been hacked for more then a week and no one has help me i report it but no one got back to me about my account please help i cant even deactivate it pr anything else with it thank you !

61. shan

i want to know my facebook e mail id password

62. hameedulhassan

how i can get security code for face book

63. Zubair

How can i recover my hacked facebook page?

64. reynolds

my facebook has been hacked and they have changed my number email password everything!!!!!!!

65. Rob ramirez

My account was hacked. What should i do?

66. SRINIDHI

how to get my fb back

67. rourou

after a search of the best hacking facebook accounts that I have found is facefast.net

68. rourou

after a search of the best hacking facebook accounts that I have found is facefast.net => http://facefast.net/#!/

69. frozan

my account is hacked some one set up an email. when i try to log in . there comes a new email option

70. mastura afroz

Yesterday, my Facebook was hacked and someone has changed my email, password, phone number, and security question so that there is no way for me to get back on.
    I am so frustrated, I have sent my ID into Facebook and they have not done anything and I really just want to get control over this. Please tell me you can help

71. valsa abraham

i cant open my face book account and if opened cant sign out through google chrome and mosilla.why?

72. sheikh ali

i want back my account it is been hacked
    email , password etc were changed ...
    how can i get my account back.....
    facebook account ...

73. Basu Sarma

my face book id is not opening since i have opened it after 29 days why? please suggest me.

74. M Wish

I am suffering from the same problem :((( ... make me crying a lot ... that someone hijacked my facebook account and changed my all personal info including password, email address and secret question/answer.

Now its run on my nervessssss .. that how can I get back my ID. Becoz I have a lot photos and videos which are my golden memories :((((

75. reshma

i can miss my mobile number

76. subodh sharma

my account was hacked what should i do

77. ravi

my fb account has also been hacked.someone has changed my name,email,password and all info and is now posting fake photos and links..can someone tell me what should i do to get back my account????plz help

78. Gal

Hi. Actually, my fb account has been hacked together with my yahoo account linked to it.
    I tried to recover my yahoo account but my security question has been changed. Even on Facebook, my friends were receiving screenshots of my conversations.

But, when they search for me they can no more find me in their list of friends or my profile is missing.
    I even tried to recover my Facebook account but i get a message like this email address is not associated to any account. i reported to Facebook nearly every day since last week that my account has been compromised. But it was of no use.

What's more unexpected happening is that now those screenshots are being sent to all my contacts in my address book of my yahoo account. I just want these to stop coz it is as if making life hell. :( I mailed Facebook info some 4 times but no response except automatic emails. I even tried to call yahoo to delete my account but number was invalid.

Could someone please help me to get rid of these. Thanks

79. Jannat

I Just Tried To Log in my fb account and i can't ! I Need Help. It's Contains Personal Items !

80. l.j dixon

my facebook got hacked and got on one of my apps called cartown and sold everything in it how do i get everything back?

• nicole ware

poor khalela. stop looking for attention. you have it already baby. just chill out.lol

81. Love Raja

my Facebook Account is Hacked So How Can i Recover My Old Account

82. Manal kareem

My Facebook was hacked and someone has changed my password....

83. TICHAONA NAXIST MASHONGANYIKA

my FACEBOOK account suddenly disabled i nee to recover it what should i do

84. Nexhat

My facebook account and my email adress connected to FB has been hacked, so I can't access to both anymore. I tried via friends to recover my account but it didn't work. Now my account has been disabled from facebook. I sended several e-mails to facebook with the copy of my ID, and for more than 2 weeks nobody replied ro me, except those automatic messages from facebook. Can someone help me on this issue, or just to tell me if there is any chance that facebook will reactivate my account and send infos in different email, to log in, in my facebook account. And does someone know how long does it takes for facebook to respond and to do their job, regarding my problem
    Thank you if someone can help and respon to me

• Kap

Same thing happened to me. I think they hacked from my phone because they hit the email and fb at the same time and thats the only device that keeps them both open. I got my email back through customer service but since there is no direct line to facebook I caint get in. good luck

85. Nick

Kristen,

This same thing happened to me yesterday... Whoever hacked my account also changed my log in email on file so the email on file is not even mine... When I do the trusted friends method it says your account is unavailable.... Were you able to find a way to fix this?

86. Rawand Haider

when ever user makes change to his/her account privacy and security, he/she will be notified by facebook via EMAIL. so quickly go and open your email ( the one which you used to sign in into your facebook account ) and absolutely there will be email from facebook that tell you that recently someone changed your password and email, was that you ? if yes , then it's okay, if not ( which is your case ), facebook will provide you a link to get control over your account, my cousin did something familiar to me and by one minute I controlled my account via this method. hope that helps.

87. Rawand Haider

never back down buddy, when ever someone makes change to your facebook profile, facebook will tell you via EMAIL, so that to make sure whether that was you or not, if yes it's okay, if not, they will provide a link to get control over your facebook acount, my recommendation for you is to open up your email ( that you used to sign in into your facebook account ) and look for email coming from facebook and follow their instruction I am 100% sure that this will help you. hope you get back your account.

88. Ben

Its only Facebook that can resolve your issue.

89. Faiz Israili

Hi,
    Way to recover your facebook account:

How To Recover Your Facebook Account...
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/recover-facebook-account-longer-log/

=
    Identify Your Account
    http://www.facebook.com/help/identify.php?show_form=recover

I Can't Identify My Account
    http://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=320596411317906

• Matthew

Hey Ben,
      I did this...it takes me to a page that says : 1 Identity verified, password changed. 2; Review and correct anything the cybercriminal changed. It won't let me move to option 2. It just says my account is locked...I've been working on this for 4 days...I'm so frustrated.
      Any adivice?
      Thanks, Matthew

Try clearing your cache and browser history and then try performing the same.

• lilith stoness

ive done everything i possibly could. but when i get to the " answer your security question " and i answer it it says " the answer u entered is incorrect " and then will lock me out after a few attempts. the hacker changed the answer and i dont know what it is!!! ive tried reporting the problem to facebook but im getting the same answer everyone else is with theirs " we cant help you ". ive been at this day and night since friday night. PLEASE HELP!!!!! ive lost sleep and havent ate ( dont help im broke ) trying to fix this problem.

• Syed Abdul Haadi

plz tell me whats the way? my id is hacked cn u hlp me? if i gv u my pw n email dn will u hlp me?

90. ryandigweed0

Keep sending your ID to facebook, and ask your friends to "report" your profile as "my friend has been hacked"

Facebook will take some time, because they get thousands of requests and it's hard to know which ones are legit.

91. Munish Gupta
  92. Munish Gupta

Use this link: Recover your account through friends

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=228169557197326

93. Bilal Mubarik

Their is no legal way to get your account back my friend. But don't lose hope their is surely always a way.
    Their are no. of ways through which you can get your account back but those ways are not legal. One of which is 'phishing' you may google it
    Best of luck.