How can I recover from a failed update to my Samsung Galaxy S2?

Eddy S October 27, 2013

I tried to update my Galaxy S2 19100 using Odin and an update file. It did not work and the phone stayed in Downloading mode. Restarting the phone it says firmware upgrade encountered an issue, select recovery mode in Kies.  I cannot get Kies to recognize my phone. Any ideas please?

1. Syed Murowat

I tried to update my Galaxy S2 19100 using Odin and an update file. It did not work and the phone stayed in Downloading mode. Restarting the phone it says firmware upgrade encountered an issue, select recovery mode in Kies. I cannot get Kies to recognize my phone. Any ideas please?

2. Eddy Shankland

Thank you for your answer, I did manage to recover my phone doing similar to what you posted. I hope others who have the same problem find this forum and it saves them from to much worry and anguish.

thanks for your reply, glad that worked for you, if you wish you can close the thread as solved.

[GUIDE] Fix an unflashable or soft bricked GSII (I9100G/M/P/T VERSION INCLUDED!)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1457458