How can I recover deleted Facebook messages?

Iqra Jalpari June 6, 2012

1. caryn stechmuller

for personal messages how can i recover my deleted messages?

2. Nikhil Chandak
  3. Tony

I have deleted messages/conversations before and then when I go back and type any word or try to start another conversation with that same person, it brings up all the old messages from before. If your looking for previous messages I would just message that person again. They always appear for me. Unless that person has blocked you or something like that.

4. archie

ok

5. Felix Magno
  6. Dev yadav

how can i get my deleted mszs from my fb account....

7. layy

just go to your account you have your facebook hooked up to.. all messages should be there.

8. agirl

Yes, you can retrieve back by clicking the archive button. It will automatically there after deleted. I had tried. Only if u delete message from archive part then it will permanently deleted.

9. Johnley Carlson

Can someone answer this.

Has anybody tried the ebook guide that this site is sharing? http://fbmessages.co.cc/

10. keytaro

how to see the deleted messages on facebook plzzzzzzzzzz help me plzzz

11. Shyana Mushin

I accidently deleted my FB contact and have been trying to unblock he's contact in so many ways...I guess it doesn't work...Well, I guess I need help ASAP...
    Thanks...

12. Dinesh gohel

by mistake me. i deleted my facebook messages. how to i recover it?

13. kouk keouy

14. Bankai

you must copy you ID card and write some informations here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=data_requests
    and for reason why you want all data from facebook "Section 4 DPA" of “Art. 12 Directive 95/46/EG” and they have 40days to deliver your data :))) sorry for my english i want sleep :D no writing :D

• Antony

No, it wont!

15. J

Go to a name you think you've messaged put any letter in and send. It will show all deleted messages from that person..

• FAKE

elaborate. put in any letter where? go to a name where? on friends or wat?

• Tocatchacheat

I think your right. That if say your trying to find messages to someone on Facebook and they have been deleted, if you send another then all the others come up. I found messages once that way. I'm not sure if it still works. I'd see but the app is down on my phone at the moment.

16. Rc Tangcuangco

I don't believe that you can recover deleted messages on Facebook. But I saw one post on http://howtorecoverstuffs.com/how-to-recover-deleted-messages-on-facebook that teaches on how to recover deleted messages. The procedures are listed on an ebook. I don't know if this works co'z I never tried it but if you badly needed those messages I guess it's worth to try.

17. Rex Santos

You cannot recover deleted messages on Facebook but I wonder if the post on http://howtorecoverstuffs.com/how-to-recover-deleted-messages-on-facebook is true. It claims that you can try to retrieve deleted messages.

18. alyssa

Okay, first off, you can't recover a message once it has been deleted. An archived message, is a message you have saved and put elsewhere. NOT a message that you once deleted. Facebook has no app or option to get those messages back. And my guess, is that they never will.

• agirl

i hate when people try to act smart when the fact well..they don't. If u not believe this, try delete useless message n click archive. don't give the meaning from dictionary to act smart.

• aboy:P

when u cross a wole conversation it gos to the archived ...but when u del it its gone..!! :P :P

• Mike The Genius

In order to archive a message you have to actually click on ARCHIVE, but there is a drop down menu above the message in the options that say delete message (which gives you the option to delete individual messages OR now heres the big one, DELETE CONVERSATION which gives you the option to delete the entire conversation. And the meaning for archive (not a dictionary def) is to put some where that you can retrieve it later if you need it, but clear space for new things. And to delete means well, to get rid of FOREVER.

[profanity removed]

19. Rhys Davies

Once a message is deleted its gone for good you can't recover it

20. hi

the people commenting are idiots, just go to see all messages and from the drop down menu by the search bar choose archived messages

If you have deleted them the they are gone. facebook likes people deleting things accidently or otherwise as they gain valuble server space back.

22. Mihovil Pletikos

once you delete them they are gone forever ....

23. Arun Singh

You cannot retrieve deleted messages

https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=120994304648896

24. Kyem Ghosh

you donot have the option to recover message which you have deleted in a day or just in an hour or after you reopen the facebook page after you deleted the message and closed it. However, you can undelete message if you have just deleted a message and have not closed the page. To recover a deleted message, find the link of undo in a yellow box below the button of “+ Compose”.... See it here
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=141046243371