How can I recover data from a cracked MicroSD card?

@DN@N December 19, 2012

I have a MicroSD card of Kingston make. It has cracked crosswise, but you can hardly recognize the crack in it.

When I tried to connect through mobile connecter, even in laptop it’s not connecting. By inserting into the Samsung mobile, the mobile itself is getting hot and I don’t know why.

Please help me to recover the data on it. It’s very important and personal memories of mine. And since they are very personal, I can’t give it to third party also. Please help me, please!

1. Katen L

Don't be panic. you can try some data recovery software. You can see
    http://www.asoftech.com/adr/
    It tells the steps how to perform data recovery.

If above does not work, you may have to format the memory card (use quick format), and then use above mentioned software to scan again the memory card and recover your files.

2. Sashritha Peiris

The samsung mobile is heating up because the memory card crack is creating a loop circuit and is draining your battery fast. I recommend you use a card reader when connecting your sd card to the computer. and DO NOT put the card in your phone

3. Mac Witty

You might be able to find the content by using recovery program on your computer. Saying that, every time you use the card you might destroy it more so if it is important content use a recovery company. It is expensive but so might your content be.

For your next smartphone card - make sure you have backup

4. Âdil Farôôq

Ask a data recovery company other wise impossible...

5. maria

even in laptop it’s not connecting, you mean your sd card can't identified by computer, then you can't recover the data by yourself, ask a data recovery company help you,no need to say,. you have to pay for it.

6. Qin Tang

Hi, if you hardly connect the SD card with the computer, I'm afraid you will lost the data. If you would like, you can try the third-party software like Power Data Recovery and Recuva. If those software do not work, you have to take it to the data recover service or your will lost it.

7. Alisa Fish

As I know you can use a partition data recovery software to deal with that.
    and then I have googled for you and here is the article can help you.
    http://www.goshareware.com/resource/recover-deleted-files-from-sd-card.html

8. Rob Hindle

If things are getting hot is suggests a short-circuit. In that case the only solution would be to dismantle the card to see if that can be fixed but the components are tiny and it will be a serious challenge best left to experts - expensive.

Your choices are:
    1: Spend a lot getting expert help (no gurarantee of success).
    2: Write it off to experience and take backups in future.
    3: Take it to bits, use a magnifying glass, fine tweezers and extreme care, hope for the best. See if you might just be able to salvage something. You'll need to be able to plug the disassembled but hopefully fixed card into something without disturbing any repairs you have effected... If option 1 is no good then this is very slightly better than option 2 but frankly I think it sounds like a lost cause.

• Douglas Mutay

I will go for your option but I am afraid it's like you said: a lost cause. The way he describe the problem make me think that the card is broken for real and it's not a software tool that can help here.

hardware problems needs hardware solutions:)

if it has valuable files then you have to seek company help but will cost

• Jack Catel

without technical help you can't recover data through any professional software because you sd card can' t access through your system so

if your SD card access by system then you recover through any third party data recover software.

So, Please see this post http://computerrecovery.multiply.com/journal

you are quite right