How can I recover access to an old Facebook account if I associated its email address with a new account?
Question by August McLaren /

So I had this original, old, first real Facebook account associated with my Gmail address. I made a new account with a TEMP email and when it asked me to enter a valid email, I entered my Gmail address in the second temp account’s ”account settings” tab.

It asked me to claim the email as its already associated with another (my first) account. I pressed the button and it opened a new window. I was already logged in to my email and it made the email its own! So I can’t access my account, my real one, with that email because it logs me into the second!

So by the means of username I tried to recover my account, but it won’t display any options under ”How would you like to reset your password?” and if I click on ”no longer have access to these” it asks if I have forgotten the following email’s passwords and takes me to its recovery page (Gmail’s recovery page’).

I don’t know what to do!!! I have also reported, but no luck! Please help me!

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• 1hegame

Yes. as said by MoHods, try to enter your username in place of email address. That may or may not work but you can try as Facebook only asks for Phone and Email address.

Or once try to change email address of your secondary Facebook account. May be when you change the email of your secondary account, it release your gmail. BTW all that is Facebook’s own glitch and its own fault. This problem may also get resolved automatically or you have to ask in Facebook help centre.

• SaapeXD MoHods

Did you set your username in your first fb account? It would be like (your profile page). Ask a friend to get the username in the url.

Then Login using the yourusername and the password you used while you logged in to ur first account. (no email required) !

Hope this helps!

• mary Steiner

I can’t remember anything about my first facebook account (email address, password or username). It bothers me it is still there and I can’t access it.. Some of my fb friends mistakenly post on it instead of my new account. I want to delete the old FB account.

hope facebook automatically didnt deleted that account, or it is deactivated somehow, you could have made a backup before proceeding.
    Download Your Entire Facebook History With The New Data Downloader

How to Make Two Facebook Accounts With One Email Address

Multiple Facebook accounts