How can I receive notifications from MakeUseOf when receiving responses to my questions or comments?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda November 17, 2012

I am trying to find out how to get MakeUseOf to send me notifications when someone answered my question etc. by SMS or email. I know this is possible because I’ve seen other people do it before. Please help.

1. Nicolas De Smyter

If it isn't working automatically, maybe the emails are sent directly to your Spam folder, maybe check that folder.
    If there are no mails in your spam folder, maybe you should contact the site admin to fix this issue.

Another solution to your problem, which will not work with email notification (as far as I know) is to use some kind of Page Monitor extension for your browser.
    For example I see you are using Chrome so you could use the extension called "Page Monitor"
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/pemhgklkefakciniebenbfclihhmmfcd
    This extension will not mail you directly, but will notify you in your browser when something has changed. You'll still need to be online on your pc (with the browser open) to see the notifications, but the site doesn't have to be open.

2. Aniket Singh

dude check ur email inbox regurly they will send notification to u....

3. Douglas Mutay

It used to be automatic BUT for some reasons not all notifications are coming even for me. Sometime I am surprised to read answers to my questions that the system did not notify me. So, I have to manually open the link and check if there is a new answer twice a day. Since there is nothing we user can do about it maybe MUO Tech should have a look at it...

4. Boni Oloff

I think it is automatic happen when your comment is replied.

That system is already in place from MakeUseOf. For every response to your question or comments, a mail is also generated and sent to your registered email with the answers or counter-comments. Now, you can configure that email in your phone, so everytime the mail hits your email ID, you will get a notification in your cellphone. This method will vary with the cellphone models and the OS in them. With Android phones, every new mail arrived, shows up as notifications.

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

It used to, but for my last three questions, I should manually check the website to see new replies because no notification is sent to my email inbox (I've also checked the spam box). I'm not sure what causes this, but I really want to know how to fix it.

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

How do I register an email address on MakeUseOf? I receive answers and counter-comments, but I don't get notifications in my email that I used mostly.

This has been a problem and it do happens whether Makeuseof uses Disqus or default WordPress commenting system.If you receive other comments in your frequently used email id and some other comment notifications gets missed,it's because of server glitch and the web developer can't do anything for this as it's untraceable.

If you have doubt of missed notifications,then visit your profile and see under last asked question section in which you would easily track comments by visiting those questions.