How can I put a Windows 7 backup image on a usb stick?
Question by rick alley /

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , .
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software

• Ravi Meena

Download windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

it can make your windows 7 bootable USB.

• Rick Alley

Thanks for the responses. I’ve decided the easy option is to buy a portable HD. for image backup while traveling. doesn’t cost much more than the bunch of usb sticks I would otherwise need.
      Ravi, I think the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool can only be used with a Windows 7 installation .iso not a system image.

• Ravi Meena

yes you are right, I didn’t get the meaning of your question correctly, sorry for my fault :)

• Rick Alley

I gave up trying to put a Windows 7 Backup system image onto a usb stick. Maybe Macrium Reflect can do it, but I haven’t checked it out. Bought a small portable HD instead. But I did manage to make a Windows 7 Recovery disc on a usb stick for the netbook:
      1. Make a Windows 7 32 bit Recovery CD on another computer.
      2. Make an .iso file from that with [eg] Koyote Free Easy Burner.
      3. Put that onto a usb stick with YUMI live usb installer.

Hello, if you have the high versions of windows 7 you could do this easily by using the backup program provided there is enough space.

For windows 7 starter, the only option is probably to copy the image file after it is created to a USB stick. Problem with this would be that I am not sure that it would be recognized if you ever need to use that image to recover your system.

• jessemanalansan

You can use the Backup and Restore on Windows 7, though if you needed to manually extract any file from the backup image, you could use this one: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24771-system-image-extract-files-using-disk-management.html