How can I put a Windows 7 backup image on a usb stick?

rick alley June 26, 2012

1. Ravi Meena

Download windows 7 USB/DVD download tool

it can make your windows 7 bootable USB.

• Rick Alley

Thanks for the responses. I've decided the easy option is to buy a portable HD. for image backup while traveling. doesn't cost much more than the bunch of usb sticks I would otherwise need.
      Ravi, I think the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool can only be used with a Windows 7 installation .iso not a system image.

• Ravi Meena

yes you are right, I didn't get the meaning of your question correctly, sorry for my fault :)

• Rick Alley

I gave up trying to put a Windows 7 Backup system image onto a usb stick. Maybe Macrium Reflect can do it, but I haven't checked it out. Bought a small portable HD instead. But I did manage to make a Windows 7 Recovery disc on a usb stick for the netbook:
          1. Make a Windows 7 32 bit Recovery CD on another computer.
          2. Make an .iso file from that with [eg] Koyote Free Easy Burner.
          3. Put that onto a usb stick with YUMI live usb installer.

Hello, if you have the high versions of windows 7 you could do this easily by using the backup program provided there is enough space.

For windows 7 starter, the only option is probably to copy the image file after it is created to a USB stick. Problem with this would be that I am not sure that it would be recognized if you ever need to use that image to recover your system.

3. jessemanalansan

You can use the Backup and Restore on Windows 7, though if you needed to manually extract any file from the backup image, you could use this one: