How can I prove my identity after my Facebook account with 5k friends was suspended?

Kairen Brooke-Anderson May 16, 2013

So I am asked to identify friends’ photos. I can’t as I have over 5000 and we are animal rights activists and we post animals.

I am not given any other option to prove my identity.

1. Kairen Brooke-Anderson

Thank you very much for your help.

• Tina Sieber

Glad to hear you could recover your account after all and thank you very much for keeping us updated!

Any chance you could pick a best answer from the ones above?

2. null

Finally yesterday, I identified the photos correctly and I was asked to rest my password and the suspension was lifted. I have now added my mobile number as it will be much easier to identify myself with a code sent to it than the photo option.if this ever happens again. Thank you all for trying top help

congratulation, your effort was success, enjoy with your recovered account:) and great that you took extra precautions:) if you wish to close the thread as solved choose the best answer.

:D Smart move to add the mobile number to take care of such situation in the future. Good to hear the issue is resolved for you. :D

3. Kairen Brooke-Anderson

Yes, Rajaa, how I now wish I had added my mobile number.

Chinmay, none of my friends are fakes. I just have a lot of friends.

I do not want to report or block them as that might compromise their accounts and that would be unfair.

I just wish Facebook would answer emails.

This is what I just emailed them:

Dear Facebook

I LOVE Facebook.

I feel it is the most marvelous platform - not just for global social interaction but for making such positive changes in the world.

How many human and animal wrongs globally are righted because we can sign petitions and share them on Facebook, gathering so many more signatures!

Unfortunately, my account is now suspended and I am really struggling.

I have many friends who are tagged in many photos and it is really difficult for me to identify myself using this, this only option I have.

Having researched online, I see there are many people in the same position as I am and they are also struggling to get an email reply from you as to how to resolve this issue.

I would be so grateful if you could reply and advise me as I am missing Facebook so badly.

Could you not consider another means for us to identify ourselves if our accounts are suspended?

Regards
    Kairen Brooke-Anderson

4. Chinmay Sarupria

You will be able to access your account by following the steps mentioned on Stackoverflow.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15475945/how-to-recover-access-to-our-facebook-accounts

5. Kairen Brooke-Anderson

i've done all the above steps. does not help.

still being asked to identify friends tagged in 5 sets of photos and I can't.

I have over many friends and each is tagged in many photos - photos not just of themselves, but, say pets or Christmas cards

I think there should be another option to prove one's identity

Facebook is not responding to my emails.

There are, but probably you did not setup your mobile number with your Facebook account. If you that, they would have used that methodology to send verification code to your mobile to enter and recover your account. :(

6. Kairen Brooke-Anderson

I have BEEN to Facebook's Help Centre. It does not help. I need them to reply to me. They don't.

My account was suspended when I got this message

Your account has been temporarily suspended
    Suspicious activity has been detected on your Facebook account and it has been temporarily suspended as a security precaution. It is likely that your account was compromised as a result of entering your password on a website designed to look like Facebook. This type of attack is known as phishing.

7. Eian Ampoloquio

Why your account was suspended? Try going to Facebook's Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help/?ref=contextual to address the problem.

9. Kairen Brooke-Anderson

I can't get into my account to add trusted contacts. I am asked to identify friends tagged in 5 sets of ohotos but as I have over 4000 friends and they themselves are not tagged in most of the photos. Most of the photos are of animals. I try and then I am told I took too long. Facebook has not answered my emails.