How can I print wirelessly through my AT&T network after the desktop PC crashed?

Patricia January 13, 2013

PC crashed that is connected by Ethernet cable to my 2wire AT&T RG router. I have a wireless laptop on the network, but now the printer will not work through the network.

Must I connect my 2wire AT&T RG to a desktop PC to enable network printing? Or can I reconfigure the network?

Laptop is Windows 7. I also connect Android tablets and phones with no trouble, except for printing.

1. Adrian Bagnato

Is it a USB or Wireless printer? I'm not familiar with AT&T, but if you have a USB printer and the AT&T RG has a USB (printing) port, then plug it in, set it up and it should work fine.

2. Saurav Azad

if the printer is connected to netword then you can reconfigure it . else if its connected to pc then connect it with your laptop and configure it

• Paul Pruitt

Yeah, an easy way might be to plug the printer in via USB to the laptop and then share it by going into the Devices and Printer app in the Control Panel. Next find the newly installed printer whose driver installed automatically hopefully. Then right click on the new printer and choose "Printer Properties" not just "Properties" by itself. Then choose the Sharing tab and share the printer.

I don't know how to connect via Android to a Windows shared printer but maybe there is a way.

4. Paul Pruitt

Sorry for the obvious question but is the printer connected to the crashed PC through USB or wirelessly or does the printer connect to the router wirelessly?

If it is a network type printer try to reset it up on the network. Go to the settings menu, find the set up submenu and start it up. Look for your router's network and then put in the network's password...