How can I preview iOS on Windows?

Alan Cyborg November 16, 2012

Do you have a software to run iOS on Windows so that I can decide whether to buy or not.

1. Joel Jacob
  2. Giggity Goebbels

Get osx on virtual machine,the install xcode

3. Adriel Tan

What do you mean by iOS? Do you mean OSX or the iOS on the iPad,iPhone, and iPod? If you are talking about OSX, you could use something like virtualbox and tonymacx86. However it is a tedious process if you just want to experience OSX and try it out a bit. It is not even possible for iOS. My recommendation is to go to an apple store and try it out.

4. Somaiya Ebrahim

run an image of ios on vmware..it works

5. Concerned Citizen ?

Unfortunately, it is a violation of the OS X software license to virtualize any version of OS X Client on any hardware. This is what I am hearing...

6. Aniket Singh

use virtual box...this software run os virtually

7. Rakesh Mishra

u can follow this link

http://www.pmbaty.com/iosbuildenv/

8. Nikhil Chandak
  9. Sean A

There is nothing official that you will find. You might be able to get away with something run in Virtual box but I can't find anything official or even legitimate for doing this. And even if you could it would not be a fair depiction of ios because there are going to be non-functioning or glitchy parts.

10. Dimal Chandrasiri

http://sourceforge.net/projects/windowsiossim/

try this! I don't know how well it works but give it a try!

Seems like it was registered as a project with SourceForge since 2010, and nothing else happened beyond that. No files are there to download, so still now everything is in the head of the proposer of the mentioned project. :)

11. Jan Fritsch

I'm not sure I fully understand your question as you can't buy iOS on it's own.

Anyway, I don't think there is any way to emulate or virtualize iOS on Windows. You don't even have this functionality within the official development tools (Xcode on Mac).

12. Nabil ahlhauser

If your computer is strong enough, there is a magnificent program called Virtual Box that allows you to run any OS in it. It's a computer inside a computer.

13. Nabil

If your computer is strong enough, there is a magnificent program called Virtual Box which allows you run any OS in it (be is iOS or Linux).

• Giggity Goebbels

Lol ios is arm ,windows is x86