How can I play my music colletion on my PC through my TV?

Fred G September 28, 2013

Over the years I have been backing up my CD’s to my hard drive and now have a pretty good collection of tunes going. I am trying to find a way to play the music through the network onto/through TV.

I have the following hardware to utilise:
– PS3
– Android TV HDMI Dongle
– WD My Book Live DUO (which is DLNA server)
– Wife has an iPad not sure if that helps.

I can see and play the music through either Android or PS3 , but PS3 is PAINFUL to navigate and the Android options I can find (Bubble UPnP appears to be best) are only slightly better.

I have iTunes installed but I use MediaMonkey to manage my music.

What I want is an easy way (and I am talking Wife use) to find and play songs, listen to play lists (PS3 doesn’t appear to allow import of lists) through TV – Why TV? it is the main entertainment device in the house – I am open to other idea/option in this selection.

There has to be an easier solution out there, or am I dreaming? Not flush with cash at the moment, but will take all options into consideration

check if Mezzmo can do it for you
    http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/

• Fred G

Thanks, might be my PC but mezzmo goes really slow. Not overly wife friendly but I will keep trying.

if problems with mezzmo try to contact the support team they are friendly of course if you are interested in purchasing mezzmo and i think it is lifetime free update.